The Chronicles of Spellborn

Full Version: What MMO are YOU looking forward to!?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quote:At first I was thrilled when I heard of this game (very first day they showed the trailer)... but then, after looking at the trailer and the following one again, I got to the conclusion that the cellshaded artstyle they choose ain't my thing. It seems very easy to get bored with and the action seems a bit too over the top for me... Might just not be my thing! But got my hopes up for Planetside 2! If they stay somewhat loyal to the original, this one is gonna rock your socks off [Image: default_smile.png]

GW2 and their developers ArenaNet upped my hype meter to the maximum again! So thrilled about this one, can't wait to get my hand on it!

ArenaNet Retrospective Video
Quote:GW2 and their developers ArenaNet upped my hype meter to the maximum again! So thrilled about this one, can't wait to get my hand on it!

ArenaNet Retrospective Video

GW2 is turning out quite well it seems [Image: default_wink.png] and well... most awesome company ever ;D
Quote:GW2 is turning out quite well it seems [Image: default_wink.png] and well... most awesome company ever ;D

I'm excited and I hope they live up to the standards they set. But again; they still need to reveal quite a bit of info:

- 4 remaining classes;

- character creator;

- pvp (!) and stuff that come along with it like Guild halls;

Quote:Rift rawr:
Rift: Rift Beta Part 1 by Zeilla (Gameplay/Commentary)

I really don't know about Rift; simply put: it looks too generic. It's the same old fantasy MMORPG. I don't see any real new gamechanging elements. However, the rifts are nice but I doubt it'll keep me playing. I'll keep wathing some of her videos over at Machinima, and might eventually end up buying it, although at this point I'm leaning towards skipping this one.
Quote:I really don't know about Rift; simply put: it looks too generic. It's the same old fantasy MMORPG. I don't see any real new gamechanging elements. However, the rifts are nice but I doubt it'll keep me playing. I'll keep wathing some of her videos over at Machinima, and might eventually end up buying it, although at this point I'm leaning towards skipping this one.

Yeah, Rift looks too much like "just another MMO" to keep me interested for long. Tbh, I'm not even sure GW2 will keep me interested...Can't wait till TERA comes out! Especially since Divine Souls pretty much died while in open beta (problems with stability I think) and I can't play Vindictus cause I live in Europe...
Quote:Yeah, Rift looks too much like "just another MMO" to keep me interested for long. Tbh, I'm not even sure GW2 will keep me interested...Can't wait till TERA comes out! Especially since Divine Souls pretty much died while in open beta (problems with stability I think) and I can't play Vindictus cause I live in Europe...

Meh, I went to the RIFT and TERA websites to look up the released trailers and neither game managed to up my hype bar.

TERA's nothing more than lush and flashy graphics, a messy UI, glitchy looking combat, big boobed elves with weapons that must weight twice their weight. It doesn't "grab" me... and it looks all too familiar to Aion (a game that I sort of felt obliged to buy as all friends did, we all quit after 2 week due to its grindy nature).

And neither does Rift. However, despite that it's very traditional, I do like it more than I seem to like TERA. This game seems more aimed towards a Western audience (made in the US, TERA's Korean).

If there's a trial up for RIFT upon release, I'll give it a go myself. But, I don't see either of them surviving long with

monster MMO's like The Old Republic from Bioware/LucasArts/EA and Guild Wars 2 from ArenaNet/NCsoft. SWTOR and GW2 have a large narrative focus, are based on a successful franchise and are being made by studios that have proven their worth in the past. So, those will most likely be my 2 purchases (MMO wise) of the year.

EDIT: I know I'm judging them before having even tried them; but if you can give some reasons to try/play them (stuff that sets them apart), I might reconsider. Smile
I signed up for the RIFT beta. Might give me an idea what the game's about if I get an invitation.

Quote:I signed up for the RIFT beta. Might give me an idea what the game's about if I get an invitation.

I actually forgot about that hehe. Time to sign up!
Well, I don't like Rift either... but I guess I'll be sure closer to release.

I'm actually only excited for GW2, but that's probably because I've been playing GW1 since 2006 XD

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8