The Chronicles of Spellborn

Full Version: Hosting?!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
so i think i have figured out most of everything you have to do to get aprivate server for Tcos i just cant seem to figure out how to get an emulator that works with Spellborn. [Image: default_wink.png] ill do some more research tomorrow, and hopefully i can give y'all an update.

Quote:so i think i have figured out most of everything you have to do to get aprivate server for Tcos i just cant seem to figure out how to get an emulator that works with Spellborn. [Image: default_wink.png] ill do some more research tomorrow, and hopefully i can give y'all an update.

All the data you need is in the client version (according to Hinx) and we need someone to reverse engineer it to a serverside client. That's what needs to be done for your private server to work.
And if you succeed please inform us about it [Image: default_tongue.png]

We, as the owners of this site, could help you Wink

I really wonder if you really pulled it of DrDream running a private server is ALOT harder then you think maybe you misjudged it.

Or I misjudged you, lets hope that its that so we can play TCoS ;D

Quote:I really wonder if you really pulled it of DrDream running a private server is ALOT harder then you think maybe you misjudged it.

Or I misjudged you, lets hope that its that so we can play TCoS ;D

i have the time, and patients but i have no clue what do first. its nothing like making a WoW private server, at least not the way i did it. for this i would have to relay all of the monsters, and all that. so in conclusion i am not gonna be able to make that private server [Image: default_wink.png] though i haven't quiet given up hope just yet.
Quote:i have the time, and patients but i have no clue what do first. its nothing like making a WoW private server, at least not the way i did it. for this i would have to relay all of the monsters, and all that. so in conclusion i am not gonna be able to make that private server [Image: default_wink.png] though i haven't quiet given up hope just yet.

Monsters spawns and stuff are in the client software. Getting to run the server with Gameguard disabled will be the issue here.
Uhm gameguard is bad? Cant you just get around it easily with some tweaks, i know alot of people did it back in the p2p days because gameguard gives problems for alot of people so someone found a way to play with no gameguard.

Quote:Uhm gameguard is bad? Cant you just get around it easily with some tweaks, i know alot of people did it back in the p2p days because gameguard gives problems for alot of people so someone found a way to play with no gameguard.

No they didn't find a way without GameGuard; they found a way for it not to block their system because they were using Windows 7 as their OS. You need someone to actually disable/remove GameGuard in the newer client you want to distribute for your emulator.
Quote:No they didn't find a way without GameGuard; they found a way for it not to block their system because they were using Windows 7 as their OS. You need someone to actually disable/remove GameGuard in the newer client you want to distribute for your emulator.

Hmm so that means really 're-programming' some files of the game, right?
Quote:Hmm so that means really 're-programming' some files of the game, right?

Well someone could reverse engineer the software from the client to a serverside version and add a bit of netwerk code to it... So it requires quite a bit of work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4