The Chronicles of Spellborn

Full Version: Forum cleanup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everybody,

I just wanted to say that I have deleted all users that have registered since the beginning of our site that have no posts.
This because many of them are spam-registrations, that only registered to have their profile URL on our site to gain more traffic, or to spam our site.

Because of this, I decided to delete the bulk of them - none of our active members (those that posted at least once) will be affected by this, but it will only improve our site.
We've gone from about 1250 members to 40 because of this, but I'd rather have 40 good members than 1200 members where only a few really count.

From now on, I'm also going to close the forum down a bit more (in terms of spam/registrations) to keep this problem a bit more under control.

Lastly, I just wanted to say that I'll be introducing a new method to donate soon and once again I'd like to ask to whitelist us in your adblocker - in all these years that our site has ran, I haven't even gotten a single pay-out (we're at €48 right now) and the minimum is €75. I'd like to hit it one day Tongue

Kevin
I have also now added the new reCAPTCHA noCAPTCHA on registrations, this should cut the spam registrations quite a bit back.
Great job Kevin! I have also been looking at the donations page. I am just waiting for my new CC to donate some more.
(07-09-2016, 12:16 PM)acid-burn Wrote: [ -> ]Great job Kevin! I have also been looking at the donations page. I am just waiting for my new CC to donate some more.

Well, check it again, because it's completely different now Wink
OKay, it's 94 members Tongue