The Chronicles of Spellborn

Full Version: Package & map file reader
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey,
long time no sign of life. I'm still very much involved in uni-work, about to work on my bachelor thesis, but during the last week i felt the need to work on something challenging. 
I didn't plan to work on spellborn, as i always invest too much time once i start and i'm a bit down because of the recent events.
Not sure why then, but i sat down for some afternoons, i guess feeling nostalgic, and looked into the package reader. And actually managed to improve it. 
I wrote a small converter for the sdk files (excluding class methods, just appended them as comment) and used some reflection to read the files. It works surprisingly well.
I'll just leave it here. Maybe it's useful to somene who finds it and feels motivated to continue the project.
~

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3rslxt3gojbq2k...r.zip?dl=0
Sorry for the late answer.

Thanks for the updated reader. I downloaded it and will try it this weekend as I don't have much time lately to spend on fun.
Too much work..

I hope all is good with you.

All my best to you..

Sincerely,
Acid-Burn
Even though i doubt it, just in case anyone tries to make something work with the sample: 
I implemented it in unity as a test, just to realize that it's plain unusable. De/Serialization (to/from ScriptableObject assets) is enormously slow (20min. to load all packages +maps, meaning on every play/stop/editor load/scene change etc..), because of the high amount of classes with their extremely high amount of fields (alot of which are likely unnecessary, but who knows) and cross-references.
I tried to find a fast serializer that worked with undecorated classes, but couldn't find a working one. And i'm giving up on this idea.

In short: Using the sdk classes to extract the packages works but turns out to be waaay too performance heavy to be even remotely usable.
After trying numerous things, i also think the existing server may end up in the same situation the more extracted data gets included, if it continues to be worked on.
Sad, but that's what i can conclude now. But it seems like this doesn't matter anyway Undecided

I wish you all well
~Polymo
btw, killing floor is currently free to grab from humblebundle. Not sure if anyone can or wants to make use of this, but it's also developed in ue 2.5 and includes the sdk.
Anyone have a small guide on how to use this to extract TCoS files?
An updated version is here: https://github.com/ValooFX/TCoSFileReader. If you modify it, you could potentially read the binary chunks of each object too and dump/convert them into corresponding files. But that involves knowing about the structure of those chunks and most likely some work, as this was mostly meant for reading server-relevant objects, so certain client specific data - textures, meshes, sounds, lights etc. are, via configuration, being skipped.
@Acid-burn most likely still has converted packages files that are readable by default unreal package readers, he may be of more help.
Hi everyone,

I'll start by wishing everyone a happy new year full of everything good.

Secondly I created a simple page for the files. Just go to www.spellborn.nl and chose your download. I'll keep it up for two weeks. If you need more time, just let me know.
(08-01-2018, 11:54 PM)acid-burn Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone,

I'll start by wishing everyone a happy new year full of everything good.

Secondly I created a simple page for the files. Just go to www.spellborn.nl and chose your download. I'll keep it up for two weeks. If you need more time, just let me know.

Thanks! Downloading right now. I'm currently learning ue4 and I want to recreate a small scene using the original assets Big Grin
Just to let you know that in order to be able to use the assets in UE4, you will need the editor from UT2004 so that you can then export them to be used in either Maya, 3D studio MAX, Blender, etc...
If you get to convert as much as needed, you'll be able to re-import in UE4.
Hey All, So I have been wandering around Spellborn, and decided we needed some of the models, "whips Out NinjaRipper and a few clicks Later. (video and FBX files Below):
Login Screen Platform:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1zhhUoy...Oz-LR-tE7B
Pages: 1 2