The Chronicles of Spellborn
Thank you - Printable Version

+- The Chronicles of Spellborn (https://forum.spellborn.org)
+-- Forum: Archive (https://forum.spellborn.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=6)
+--- Forum: General (https://forum.spellborn.org/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Thank you (/showthread.php?tid=136)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thank you - Kevin - 17-11-2010

Quote:anything i can do to help? id be willing to do anything to help. id really like to help revive this amazing game.

First of all I'll need staff for the portal. Anyone willing to help is free to send me a private message.

Thank you - DudewithWings - 17-11-2010

Awesomesauce already liking this community hehe i would /sign

Thank you - zugu - 20-11-2010

OMG, this is amazing news. CowMooFlage you are a hero for finding their address!

As the Vortigaunt in Half-Life 2 said:

Quote:What next in the parade of constant obstacles?

Tongue

Thank you - Kevin - 20-11-2010

Well, bad news. We've uncovered that Spellborn NV's location is still unknown. That building Cow posted is available for hire now...

Thank you - zugu - 21-11-2010

Even if they closed down the company, it was run by people, and it's not as if they all died. I'm sure we'll be able to find someone, eventually.

Now that I think of it, the people at Frogster might have some contact information - even though I don't believe they'll share it with us; might be worth a try, though.

But could it be that they're in the same situation as us and can't get a hold of Spellborn NV?

Thank you - Kevin - 22-11-2010

Well they've moved twice so all former employees of Spellborn Works BV don't have a thought where they are..

Thank you - zugu - 22-11-2010

Do we know the names of some high ranking Spellborn NV officials? Even if they laid off most of their workforce, they're probably still working for the company. We could start from there.

Or how about writing to Frogster and asking them for an email or a name or something?

Thank you - Jerne - 22-11-2010

Spellborn N.V.

De Bruyn Kopsstraat 14

2288 ED Rijswijk Zh, Netherlands

+31 70 367 7661 ‎

^ Tried calling them an no answer. Just rings and rings.

Ive issued several appeals to frogster and heard NO reply, ever.

If the  forum mod could create a sticky with the names of all known Spellborn Employees, Frogster employees and others involved that might help us piece together whose who. The data center housing the server is probably still out there somewhere. A server, sitting someplace with a dormant account on it. There must be a paper trail that could lead us somewhere. To the server, more employees, specific details.

Mark van Haren : Marketing and PR Director for Spellborn

I found him on facebook after discovering his name and involvement in this article
http://www.warcry.com/articles/view/interviews/1450-The-Chronicles-of-Spellborn-Exclusive-Interview

So I contacted him on facebook and here is our exchange

-------------------------------------

Me November 19 at 12:16pm

Are you the same Marco van Haren from Spellborn Int.? If you are Im looking for information about the game. Its been shutdown and I want to confirm that it will be re-released, or if not what its status is. If its truly dead is there a possibility to obtain the code and setup a private server? I missed being able to try this game by mere weeks and the gameplay footage on youtube portrays a beautiful world. Anyway thanks for your time and any information you can provide.

------------

Marco van Haren November 19 at 5:31pm Report

Hey ,

Yeah that's me. I left the project several years ago though. As far as i am aware, the project shut down for good several months ago. There were several parties involved up until the end, so im not sure about the availability of the code and such.. Ill check around and see what might be available. Ill let you know asap.

have a good weekend!

marco.

-------

Me November 20 at 10:44am

Ah Wonderful. Thank you! Any time or effort you are willing to spend on it would be very much appreciated. We have a small community of players interested in reviving it, and a fair few who want to play for the first time. I never had a chance to try it myself but from the youtube footage it looks like a world I would enjoy experiencing and the established fan base seem heartbroken to see it go. In fact your the first person Ive been able to find who had a direct hand in its development. So thats a big step forward!

Thanks for your reply and looking into it for me. Much appreciated.

You have a wonderful weekend too

-----------------------------------------------

=================================

Chris Evenhuis - concept, texture and promotional artist for over two years.

He had an email that wasn't hard to find and this was our exchange

---------------------------------------------------------

Me to chris show details Nov 16 (6 days ago)

Hi, I found you after numerous attempts to contact Spellborn NV. I'm interested in speaking with them about The Chronicles of Spellborn, but cant seem to find their phone or email address. If you have any information on them or have a way to contact them please let me know. Your assistance would be an invaluable contribution to my efforts at reviving this game.

Thanks in advance, hoping you can help

---------------

Chris Evenhuis to me show details Nov 20 (1 day ago)

Hi,

Spellborn NV has been bankrupt for over a year, so I'm afraid there's no way to contact them as the company simply doesn't exist anymore. I had already left the company by the time that happened, but as far as I know most members of the original development team have in the meantime moved on to new projects with other companies (some to Blizzard), or even other industries. I read that TCOS development went to Frogster in the end.

But to be honest I can't be sure of anything - it's been many years since I was involved and I haven't really kept up with the details after the whole thing went downhill...

Kind regards,

Chris Evenhuis

------------------

=========================

Now if these two guys who were vital to Spellborn, don't know what happened, imo its highly doubtful that anyone else does. Maybe a administrative assistant or secretary would recall more as they would've been in a position of handling contact information regularly.

Atm, I'm fooling around with the idea of a private server. I know other games that have expired and teams have been able to develop servers using only the game client. Earth&Beyond for instance. I think the fact they used the unreal engine 2.5 for development is a something that may aid in this process.

If no one cares enough to respond to any of us, if no one can tell there is a population of people interested in playing, then I doubt they will care if we setup private server. Thats what Ive seen in other games in the past anyway.

Thank you - Jerne - 22-11-2010

Frogster CEOs facebook page

Christoph Gerlinger
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1112761065

http://www.frogster.de/en/management.html

Thank you - CowMooFlage - 22-11-2010

Well mobygames has a list of people that worked on the game:
http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/chronicles-of-spellborn/credits

I, myself, have already spoken to former exployees of Spellborn Works BV and they confirmed the thought that Spellborn NV is no more than a name with an IP, TCoS, in the pocket of a group of Dutch investors from The Hague. They also have no idea if the game is still under redevelopment with Frogster; but they seem to be doubting it.

They also said that due to Spellborn NV being no more than a ghost company; it's impossible to reach them. However, may I know when you called them? (time & date) Because you need to be calling them during the actual working hours in the Netherlands.

Quote:Atm' date=' I'm fooling around with the idea of a private server. I know other games that have expired and teams have been able to develop servers using only the game client. Earth&Beyond for instance. I think the fact they used the unreal engine 2.5 for development is a something that may aid in this process.[/quote']

If you know reverse software engineering and netwerk code; you're free to email me: [email protected].