Which MMORPG's or MMO's are you playing?
Started by debbilicious

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

163 posts in this topic
debbilicious

29 posts 5 threads Joined: Aug 2010
07-09-2010, 01:17 PM -
Sadly, the best MMORPG we have all found in a lonnnng time is now in limbo, hopefully not yet crossed over to the other side, game heaven

[Image: default_sad.png]

So, what are we all playing now?

I am waiting on LOTRO head start in a few days when it goes f2p, but honestly, it is way too "samey" for my liking and is only a way to fill in time, which I luckily have less of now as I seem to be acquiring a LIFE !!

[Image: default_biggrin.png] 

When I am not studying for my ITQ (National Vocational Qualification for IT users) and while I await the start of various other courses, I hope to find "something" which is not your usual WoW clone or point and click send-you-to-sleep lazy game for the mentally challenged. LOL.

Let's see if we can find a diamond in the rough.  I am going to spend the next few days trawling through reviews of current games, wish me luck

[Image: default_biggrin.png] xx

[Image: 59188_430846286730_593711730_5278636_815571_n.jpg]

~x~Fake Friends Killed on Sight~x~

OmgItsFear

52 posts 2 threads Joined: Sep 2010
07-09-2010, 02:48 PM -
Theres this game TERA online you should check it out, it looks waay fun but its not gonna be out till 2011, in beta testing right now, but good luck in ur search and tell us what you find  Big Grin

CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
07-09-2010, 02:58 PM -
Waiting for the LOTRO F2P release although it seems quite limited even for premium users as myself.

Furthermore got some good stuff coming up for 2011 like my #1 anticipated game, Guild Wars 2, also Star Wars: The Old Republic seems quite ok. I'm not too sure about TERA and Rift: Planes of Telera though. TERA seems way too asian to me and reminds me way too much of Aion and that's not a good thing!

Also RED 5's MMOFPS, Firefall, seems rather cool. But well we've only just seen the trailer so not alot of gameplay specifics out there yet.

And to finish this post, I'd like to note that I'm also looking at what Earthrise plans to deliver.

But yeah, all those titles are releasing in 2011 except for LOTRO F2P so... :/

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
07-09-2010, 05:30 PM -
My number 1 game currently is Guild Wars 1. Even been chatting often with CowMooFlage in there ^^

I'm currently eagerly awaiting Guild Wars 2... Rift isn't attracting me at all (seems a strange concept and I don't really like the style of their monsters and NPC's. But that can be me).

TERA looks like a bunch of asia stuff [Image: default_biggrin.png] not so good...

OmgItsFear

08-09-2010, 12:00 AM -
ok i guess ill start guild wars then, i'm currently looking for a new MMO, but have been failing lol so tell me if you guys find a good one.. 8)

OmgItsFear

08-09-2010, 12:01 AM -
and also, when does LOTR go free to play? cuz iv'e been wanting to try that out too

Targhor

3 posts 0 threads Joined: Aug 2010
08-09-2010, 09:25 AM -
I think I will go back to WoW when the new expansion is coming. I got a couple of friends still playing that and I miss doing dungeons with them.

I contemplated trying LoTR with the free to play option. But as I understand it you have FtP-accounts and non-FtP accounts, and you can;t change from one to the other. So if u decide you like it you are stuck with a FtP account and have to buy for everything you want extra. Which is more expensive in the long run then just using a regular account from the start.

Topek

7 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2010
08-09-2010, 01:33 PM -
Playing nothing atm. Waiting for Vindictus EU, GW2 and Rift (wanna try it but I'm not a big fan). Maybe will try LOTRO F2P later as well. TERA is hyped but it's design is a joke - like Aion's - typical asian with demons on flowers. Generally I'm a bit sick of mmo market seeing games like Spellborn dead and Aion full of people.

This post was last modified: 08-09-2010, 01:53 PM by Topek.

CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
08-09-2010, 02:20 PM -
Quote:I think I will go back to WoW when the new expansion is coming. I got a couple of friends still playing that and I miss doing dungeons with them.

I contemplated trying LoTR with the free to play option. But as I understand it you have FtP-accounts and non-FtP accounts, and you can;t change from one to the other. So if u decide you like it you are stuck with a FtP account and have to buy for everything you want extra. Which is more expensive in the long run then just using a regular account from the start.

You can also start as F2P player, play as long as you want, take a sub, level up to max level, drop the sub and enjoy raids as far as I know.

http://www.lotro.com/betasignup/vipchart.html

This is a comparison chart:

VIP = Lifetime players or people with active subscription

Premium = previously subscribed people or people that bought 1 thing in the Turbine/CodeMasters store

F2P = title says it all

It's more like a freemium game. Free to log, free to do some stuff but all in all still restricitive. Nevertheless, I'd advise checking it out, the game has some nasty groupcombat mechanics that I enjoy. Plus, it looks brilliant (added DX11 support with upcoming F2P launch patch).

The F2P version should go live in 2 days but we've not heard officially of Codemasters about the EU version. That one will also go F2P but no word of them about when the patch will be put live on their servers. Also previous subscribers and F2P beta testers already have access to the US side of the game as a headstart now.
Sabre
TCoS Developer

12 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2010
10-09-2010, 03:42 PM -
Tried LotR back in beta... was okayish.... will play f2p to trial it.

Tried APB... good concept, flawed development.

Tried Aion.... hooked for a month... then novelty wore out...

Tried Planetside (long ago) LOVED IT!!!! just too out of date now....

Tried guildwars, hooked for quite a few months.... got bored after hitting lvl cap and not realyl having much else to do...

Tried Wow... Uninstalled the same day.

Tried need for speed world.... not very appealing but like it none the less.

Tried Spellborn.... wait.. WORKED for Spellborn [Image: default_biggrin.png] Loved it, Loved the concept, Loved the development, Hated the head decisions. (GET SOME MARKETING!)

Tried Rohan..... bah... same with cabal... BAH!!

Tried many runescape... laughed for a few minutes.. closed browser...

Tried Evony.... hmmmm addictive yet annoyingly slow....

Tried Star Trek Online.... what a disapointment that was... (Cryptic = utter-fail) Same for Champions Online

Tried Tabula Rasa... I actually kinda liked this game in a weird way.... damn NCSoft...

Tried many more, just not worth a mention....

Spellborn was actually a decent game, and had potential.