Which MMORPG's or MMO's are you playing?
Started by debbilicious

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

163 posts in this topic
CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
10-09-2010, 06:41 PM -
Quote:Tried LotR back in beta... was okayish.... will play f2p to trial it.

Tried APB... good concept, flawed development.

Tried Aion.... hooked for a month... then novelty wore out...

Tried Planetside (long ago) LOVED IT!!!! just too out of date now....

Tried guildwars, hooked for quite a few months.... got bored after hitting lvl cap and not realyl having much else to do...

Tried Wow... Uninstalled the same day.

Tried need for speed world.... not very appealing but like it none the less.

Tried Spellborn.... wait.. WORKED for Spellborn [Image: default_biggrin.png] Loved it, Loved the concept, Loved the development, Hated the head decisions. (GET SOME MARKETING!)

Tried Rohan..... bah... same with cabal... BAH!!

Tried many runescape... laughed for a few minutes.. closed browser...

Tried Evony.... hmmmm addictive yet annoyingly slow....

Tried Star Trek Online.... what a disapointment that was... (Cryptic = utter-fail) Same for Champions Online

Tried Tabula Rasa... I actually kinda liked this game in a weird way.... damn NCSoft...

Tried many more, just not worth a mention....

Spellborn was actually a decent game, and had potential.

Should check out Guild Wars some time. I think that's quite a title missing there on your list and one with a very good story attached to it. Plus its quite cheap nowadays and no monthly fees [Image: default_biggrin.png].

But yeah, Spellborn had its flaws but the concept and the whole idea behind it were just mindblowingly good. I'm sad that Spellborn never achieved the success a game like it deserved...
OmgItsFear

52 posts 2 threads Joined: Sep 2010
10-09-2010, 07:46 PM -
Yeah I never hear any bad feedback from actual spellborn gameplay!!other than lack of people and patches So what's this saying? really, they need to make a decision on the future of this game already! >Big Grin

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
10-09-2010, 07:57 PM -
Quote:Should check out Guild Wars some time. I think that's quite a title missing there on your list and one with a very good story attached to it. Plus its quite cheap nowadays and no monthly fees [Image: default_biggrin.png].

But yeah, Spellborn had its flaws but the concept and the whole idea behind it were just mindblowingly good. I'm sad that Spellborn never achieved the success a game like it deserved...

Eh, Eli... check what I've made bold xD
CowMooFlage
Administrator

10-09-2010, 08:35 PM -
Quote:Eh, Eli... check what I've made bold xD

Oh my bad! I must have missed that one ;(!

Well Guild Wars is a lot more than just the levelcap. People stare blind at that, thinking there is no endgame. In Guild Wars, I have to admit, PvE endgame might be limited but the PvP is just extremely good and unique. Definately worth a proper shot!
PaintedMan

7 posts 0 threads Joined: Aug 2010
11-09-2010, 02:22 PM -
I hate most of MMOs, F2P or P2P doesn't matter. There's just something in the very fabric of these games that is very repulsive for me. Sometimes I try to prove myself wrong and I download/ buy MMO to check if something has changed. Briefly counting there are about 30 games I tried. Each failed to keep me for more than a month. Each except Spellborn that is. Amazing world, combat system, logical quests, I was amazed how good Spellborn is.

There's also other game that might be called MMO and presents some actual value to me. Uru Live/ Myst Online (They've changed it name so many times). It's completely puzzle and social driven. World is as amazing as this presented in Spellborn. Check it out!

As for the future I am waiting for The Secret World. I have my past with Funcom ( Longest Journey FTW) so my expectations are high.

CowMooFlage
Administrator

13-09-2010, 11:33 AM -
Quote:I hate most of MMOs, F2P or P2P doesn't matter. There's just something in the very fabric of these games that is very repulsive for me. Sometimes I try to prove myself wrong and I download/ buy MMO to check if something has changed. Briefly counting there are about 30 games I tried. Each failed to keep me for more than a month. Each except Spellborn that is. Amazing world, combat system, logical quests, I was amazed how good Spellborn is.

There's also other game that might be called MMO and presents some actual value to me. Uru Live/ Myst Online (They've changed it name so many times). It's completely puzzle and social driven. World is as amazing as this presented in Spellborn. Check it out!

As for the future I am waiting for The Secret World. I have my past with Funcom ( Longest Journey FTW) so my expectations are high.

The Secret World has it charms. But I doubt it's going to be able to be real competitive with titles as Guild Wars 2 & The Old Republic. Even TERA and Rift seem to appeal to more people that Funcom's upcoming MMORPG. Nevertheless like Spellborn it has a special concept behind it and of course Ragnar Tornquist himself so who knows!
debbilicious

29 posts 5 threads Joined: Aug 2010
21-09-2010, 09:17 PM -
I tried a beta for Aerrevan the other day and seriously this game wasn't even ready for a beta [Image: default_smile.png]

It was like Planeshift but WORSE. couldnt move, dc'd constantly, couldnt see character at creation, couldnt move, need I say more?

playing Alganon, not bad but very choppy movement wise and seems to be a ghost town lol, no ones there.  looks like I'm on Ever Quest II extended seeing as my son went back home taking his xbox and Final Fantasy XIII with him *cries*.

anyone playing something actually worth downloading please? and omg please please do NOT say Guild Wars again.

xx

[Image: 59188_430846286730_593711730_5278636_815571_n.jpg]

~x~Fake Friends Killed on Sight~x~

CowMooFlage
Administrator

22-09-2010, 04:55 PM -
Quote:I tried a beta for Aerrevan the other day and seriously this game wasn't even ready for a beta [Image: default_smile.png]

It was like Planeshift but WORSE. couldnt move, dc'd constantly, couldnt see character at creation, couldnt move, need I say more?

playing Alganon, not bad but very choppy movement wise and seems to be a ghost town lol, no ones there.  looks like I'm on Ever Quest II extended seeing as my son went back home taking his xbox and Final Fantasy XIII with him *cries*.

anyone playing something actually worth downloading please? and omg please please do NOT say Guild Wars again.

xx

Why does Guild Wars not appeal to you? It's a very very very high quality title!

I'm playing some non-MMORPGS at the moment: Minecraft (should definately check that one out) and Rise of Nations: Gold Edition with a couple of friends. Both are quite fun.
KMala

3 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2010
23-09-2010, 10:19 PM -
I still have my LotrO account, but i play it not often anymore. Since theintroduction of the radiance grind the half of the playerbase has become greedy and elitist.

Currently i play the cRPG mod of Mount&Blade:Warband. Basicly it is like the Warband multiplayer but you are able to level your toon.

It is highly addictive.

CowMooFlage
Administrator

24-09-2010, 01:27 PM -
Quote:I still have my LotrO account, but i play it not often anymore. Since theintroduction of the radiance grind the half of the playerbase has become greedy and elitist.

Currently i play the cRPG mod of Mount&Blade:Warband. Basicly it is like the Warband multiplayer but you are able to level your toon.

It is highly addictive.

Weren't most of the servers american based for that mod? Atleast that's what I read.