Which MMORPG's or MMO's are you playing?
Started by debbilicious

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

163 posts in this topic
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
09-02-2011, 02:40 PM -
If your server isn't stable, it's really dumb to do a open beta indeed. As ArenaNet says, it's a free trial for the game, basicly.

Bad first impression.

CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
10-02-2011, 12:35 PM -
Quote:If your server isn't stable, it's really dumb to do a open beta indeed. As ArenaNet says, it's a free trial for the game, basicly.

Bad first impression.

That's also the reason why current developers tend to plan their beta-tests close to release. The game is more or less polished then and thus people get a better impression of the game and are more likely to pre-order it. Nowadays people don't play betas to help the devs improve their game but to see what the game's about and to decide whether or not to purchase it.

Also MMO-wise, I'm playing: Perpetuum Online, indie MMORPG.

Perpetuum - Launch Trailer [HD]
Chista

8 posts 0 threads Joined: Jan 2011
22-02-2011, 08:17 AM -
A group of people I met tracking around privates managed to drag me to rift after all. Meaning I'll be trying it on the NA servers (most of the people I'm going with are American so ill just survive the ping, somehow).

More surprising perhaps... They insist on a PvP server *Waaaaaah!!*  :'( :'(

It's nowhere close to TCoS, and I think something like it will not pop up soon, if ever. For now I suppose the people I play with are what keeps games fun for me.

CowMooFlage
Administrator

23-02-2011, 06:05 PM -
Quote:A group of people I met tracking around privates managed to drag me to rift after all. Meaning I'll be trying it on the NA servers (most of the people I'm going with are American so ill just survive the ping, somehow).

More surprising perhaps... They insist on a PvP server *Waaaaaah!!*  :'( :'(

It's nowhere close to TCoS, and I think something like it will not pop up soon, if ever. For now I suppose the people I play with are what keeps games fun for me.

Rift plays like a very polished game. It's not very original and its PVP just lacks the challenge, Rifts are not very noteworthy either. But if you enjoy a good fantasy MMORPG; Rift just might offer that for you.
Malyngo

33 posts 2 threads Joined: Sep 2010
28-02-2011, 09:49 AM -
I started playing Rift yesterday, seems quite decent. But it just doesn't really capture me right now.

Nothing like Spellborn, where I was hooked the moment I spoke to the first NPC (no kidding, Spellborn just had it's own style, and such a good music score).

But I'll see how it goes the next days.

Currently, I only can play until the 4th March, until the headstart is over and the "real" start begins, as I only have a key for the headstart. I can't even tell you which shard I am playing on, just selected one of the many and started playing.

Fun feature in Rift: You can connect the game to a Twitter account and it will tweet your game progress there [Image: default_wink.png]

Nothing in there yet, but I got mine set up: http://twitter.com/malingoidu

This post was last modified: 28-02-2011, 11:34 AM by Malyngo.

CowMooFlage
Administrator

28-02-2011, 06:32 PM -
I decided to skip Rift and hold out for a few FPS titles in March. Homefront's coming out and so is Crysis 2. And the Duke's not far off as well!

They should provide me with some entertainment until Guild Wars 2 or TOR come out! Wink

DudewithWings

149 posts 8 threads Joined: Nov 2010
28-02-2011, 09:40 PM -
I have skipped Rift, and gotten into Global Agenda.

So far it is a game I enjoy for 2 games and then turn it off, still has a lobby based feeling to me but I like that!

[Image: Steampunksignature.png]
CowMooFlage
Administrator

28-02-2011, 10:50 PM -
Quote:I have skipped Rift, and gotten into Global Agenda.

So far it is a game I enjoy for 2 games and then turn it off, still has a lobby based feeling to me but I like that!

Global Agenda is an excellent game! However, I've put it aside. I'm waiting until they release their DLC :-).
Malyngo

33 posts 2 threads Joined: Sep 2010
01-03-2011, 10:44 AM -
I also have ga on hold right now, only playing it very

seldom right now. They have 1.4 on their testserver right now, if you are interested to see what is going on. They are overhauling the medic skill tree, Looks quite interesting.

If you are interested in Arena style Games, bloodlines Champions  could be a Fun Game, f2p.

DudewithWings

149 posts 8 threads Joined: Nov 2010
01-03-2011, 06:52 PM -
Quote:I also have ga on hold right now, only playing it very

seldom right now. They have 1.4 on their testserver right now, if you are interested to see what is going on. They are overhauling the medic skill tree, Looks quite interesting.

If you are interested in Arena style Games, bloodlines Champions  could be a Fun Game, f2p.

Bloodline champions! I played it in beta but I always get bored of it after 2 weeks then do not play it for a month then come back for 2 weeks etc.
[Image: Steampunksignature.png]