• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
09-04-2013, 02:10 AM -
Hello everybody!

It's time for some feedback [Image: default_smile.png]

I've been running this site for a long time now and I would like to ask you guys what you think about the site and how I've been doing while running it.

Since many things changed, I also would like to ask you guys what you would like to see changed (more attention for other games?), as I will change the entire fan hub again soon to update it a bit.

Both the portal will be revamped (with a brand new and shiny CMS and theme) as the forum (with a new theme).

Let me know what you want to see here and I'll do my best to incorporate it!

One thing I can already say about the upcoming changes are:
  • The portal will be changed from WordPress into a Fork CMS installation (this is, among others, to enable newsletters and much more).
  • The new design for the portal will be heavily inspired by the Metro design language, which means there will be a bigger focus on content.
  • The new design for the portal will be fully responsive and built on top of Foundation 4 by Zurb.
  • The new design for the forum will probably not be designed by me (I suck at forum theming...)
I also want to update you guys about some changes that happened lately:
  • The Spellborn Fan Hub is now running 4 months on a server that I manage myself, and with the move we've seen a huge speed increase. Have you guys noticed this and are you happy with this change?
  • The post from 22 April 2012 on our website shall be deleted soon; as this was a paid for post (advert) which paid for all hosting costs last year, which I had to keep for a year. Since I have a fulltime job now, I can pay for the hosting bills myself (but support and donations are always welcome).
  • The Asuracake is still coming, but it has been delayed. It takes a lot of work to make it work, and it's a lot more than I had expected. Also, Guild Wars 2 ate a lot of my time away [Image: default_wink.png]
  • I'm planning to do webdesign and programming professionally and will start doing this later this year [Image: default_smile.png] (quite excited about this one).
  • The Articles system which we launched with Ancestral (but removed later on) has been open sourced and is available for free on my Github: https://github.com/vampiretrix/Spellborn-Articles
  • April is the unicorn month.
Well, I'll probably add some more tomorrow, but now it's time for me to go to bed [Image: default_smile.png]

Let me know your feedback, it's very important to me!

Messages In This Thread
What do you think of the Fan Hub? - by Kevin_mybb_import1 - 09-04-2013, 02:10 AM
What do you think of the Fan Hub? - by JW-NL - 10-04-2013, 07:12 PM
What do you think of the Fan Hub? - by Czelsior - 10-04-2013, 11:47 PM
What do you think of the Fan Hub? - by JW-NL - 17-04-2013, 03:06 PM
What do you think of the Fan Hub? - by DrDream - 17-05-2013, 03:17 AM