Started by DrDream

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

75 posts in this topic
CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
08-01-2011, 09:32 AM -
Quote:Yeah, Rift looks too much like "just another MMO" to keep me interested for long. Tbh, I'm not even sure GW2 will keep me interested...Can't wait till TERA comes out! Especially since Divine Souls pretty much died while in open beta (problems with stability I think) and I can't play Vindictus cause I live in Europe...

Meh, I went to the RIFT and TERA websites to look up the released trailers and neither game managed to up my hype bar.

TERA's nothing more than lush and flashy graphics, a messy UI, glitchy looking combat, big boobed elves with weapons that must weight twice their weight. It doesn't "grab" me... and it looks all too familiar to Aion (a game that I sort of felt obliged to buy as all friends did, we all quit after 2 week due to its grindy nature).

And neither does Rift. However, despite that it's very traditional, I do like it more than I seem to like TERA. This game seems more aimed towards a Western audience (made in the US, TERA's Korean).

If there's a trial up for RIFT upon release, I'll give it a go myself. But, I don't see either of them surviving long with

monster MMO's like The Old Republic from Bioware/LucasArts/EA and Guild Wars 2 from ArenaNet/NCsoft. SWTOR and GW2 have a large narrative focus, are based on a successful franchise and are being made by studios that have proven their worth in the past. So, those will most likely be my 2 purchases (MMO wise) of the year.

EDIT: I know I'm judging them before having even tried them; but if you can give some reasons to try/play them (stuff that sets them apart), I might reconsider. Smile
This post was last modified: 08-01-2011, 09:52 AM by CowMooFlage.

Messages In This Thread
What MMO are YOU looking forward to!? - by Ghost - 17-12-2010, 08:00 PM
What MMO are YOU looking forward to!? - by CowMooFlage - 08-01-2011, 09:32 AM
What MMO are YOU looking forward to!? - by Digm - 20-03-2011, 10:31 AM
What MMO are YOU looking forward to!? - by Chista - 08-07-2012, 12:17 AM