The Spellborn Chronicles - A Short History of Spellborn
Started by zugu

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

21 posts in this topic
Selachii

14 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2010
08-03-2011, 05:09 PM -
A very nice collection, bravo! Some statements are incorrect and some are a bit exaggerated. I think i posted some (much less fleshed out) timeline on these boards as well. If I find a rainy weekend afternoon I might go over the whole thing and elaborate on the points I think could use some more info.

Short comment to get started [Image: default_wink.png] )

What I think is exaggerated is "In the gaming industry, this can only mean one thing: money." Because I think it's not really a property of the game industry and there was actually also a personal health issue in management involved ( of course money plays a part, but where doesn't it? ). So it feels a bit barbaric to read it like that.

Also what I think gives the wrong impression is: "In 2007, a new development team took over.". There was no new team taking over at all. It was in june 2007 (if i remember correctly) that the existing team simply moved over to the new daughter company, Spellborn N.V. (strictly a paperwork matter). During this transition though, not everybody moved over and some stayed under contract of Khaeon (their own choice). This was a vast minority, though everyone is crucial in a project like this. The people that were still on a Khaeon contract finished what they were working on and phased out over the course of about 8 months, after which they started on other Khaeon projects.

This post was last modified: 08-03-2011, 05:11 PM by Selachii.

Messages In This Thread
The Spellborn Chronicles - A Short History of Spellborn - by Selachii - 08-03-2011, 05:09 PM