Started by zugu

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

21 posts in this topic
Malyngo

33 posts 2 threads Joined: Sep 2010
17-03-2011, 08:36 AM -
There would be plenty of stuff to sell:

Teleport scrolls to the next village, Special extra cool looking armor, weapons, Sigils, Rings, Potion stuff, how was this 0-5-buff-thingy called? +1 Potion for that, or a saver potion so you don't lose a rank on your next death. Plenty of stuff.

Also open sourcing isn't just putting the code online and be done with it. There is actually a bit of work involved, which someone had to do for free, and the other thing is: If they open source it, would there actually be someone that can and want's to pick it up and do something with it?

Is anyone here that actually feels up to the task to put that stuff on a server? There won't be much documentation, and there won't be anything remotely like a simple one click installer.

Think of it this way: Imagine you have an old bike that you want to sell, and you think it still has some value. Now a buyer tells you: I only take it for free!

Would you give it away for free? Probably not. Maybe only to someone who is a friend.

I know what my reaction was if someone told me he only takes it for free: I'd rather threw it away.

Messages In This Thread
The Spellborn Chronicles - A Short History of Spellborn - by Malyngo - 17-03-2011, 08:36 AM