Started by zugu

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

21 posts in this topic
CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
20-11-2010, 07:17 PM -
Quote:The approximate budget for this game was €20 million.

I'm sorry but it's 18 million; it's said in this video (0:18 mark):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwNItQ-O3p4

It is Spellborn Works BV and not Spellborn Works.

Quote:It seems that one of the game’s publishers, Frogster, was briefly involved in the game’s development, or so they claim in a 2008 press release – possibly because Spellborn NV was now lacking the Khaeon expertise and asked Frogster for help in order to meet the release date:

The Korean people from Frogster Asia rewrote the netwerk code. Several ex-devs have told me this.

Quote:Mindscape initially invoked messing up some retail boxes and said they will release one week later. In the end, Frogster released TCoS in Benelux and Scandinavia instead of Mindscape, so it’s very possible possible that Mindscape did not release at all. They had no mention of TCoS on their homepage the day of the release.

Frogster didn't take over publishing for those areas and my box clearly say Mindscape.

Gameboxes were present in the Netherlands on the 27th as far as I know. I know, I got my box a bit later but not on the 5th, earlier.

Quote:One week before the agreed launch date, Acclaim said they needed more time, so on November 27th they released a closed beta instead of the final version of the game and pushed the release date to “January 2009”. It is worth noting that between the time when they signed up as a publisher for the game and November 27th, Acclaim also acquired publishing rights for other territories, like South America, but most importantly, UK. Acclaim finally released the game on April 23rd, 2009 – the January 2009 deadline was missed.

If I recall well their beta didn't start the 27th but more as in January 2009; followed by a larger scale open beta and 2 weeks of free play.

Quote:On August 28th, Frogster announced the layoff of its Korean workforce involved with the free-to-play version of the game, because they could not reach an agreement with Spellborn NV about TCoS:

You got the date wrong there it's may 28th. That's a big difference; as the Acclaim servers were still up around that time.

Messages In This Thread
The Spellborn Chronicles - A Short History of Spellborn - by CowMooFlage - 20-11-2010, 07:17 PM