Spellborn Fan Hub Portal Alpha
Started by Kevin_mybb_import1

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

38 posts in this topic
Malyngo

33 posts 2 threads Joined: Sep 2010
23-11-2010, 04:13 PM -
I think the ad is perfectly fine. Servers aren't for free, and if it helps to maintain the site, then go for it.

I wouldn't mind if you add an ad later on to the forum, either.

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
23-11-2010, 04:58 PM -
Quote:I think the ad is perfectly fine. Servers aren't for free, and if it helps to maintain the site, then go for it.

I wouldn't mind if you add an ad later on to the forum, either.

Well I'm thinking to add the avatar stuff and so there, but that will be decided when I work on it. First of all I want the opinion of people about that 1 ad.
Bufaritza

60 posts 2 threads Joined: Oct 2010
23-11-2010, 05:05 PM -
Why are you so..I don't know...OMG I put an ad, need feedback guys"?

The add is perfectly fine and I don't mind if we have 3-4 adds. Adds=money=>server bill payed. As long as it is not stupid popups or interfering with my browsing and stuff I do not care. And yea, who knows, might actually be an ad for an interesting game(I doubt it). So go right head Sad

[Image: nz9yfw6j8st11zd64ylu.gif]
zugu

51 posts 10 threads Joined: Aug 2010
23-11-2010, 05:08 PM -
Don't worry, it's OK to put ads on the site. You deserve whatever money they'll make, there's no arguing about that. Good, fast hosting is not free or cheap. Google's ad service does not allow adult advertising. They manually inspect every site they include in their ad rotation for malware and adult content.

I therefore ask any other visitor using an ad-blocker or thinking of using such a piece of software to whitelist the spellborn.org domain. It will generate money for a GOOD cause.

Also, there's something wrong with the forum smileys, they don't show up at all.

Spellborn is back!
flythth

52 posts 3 threads Joined: Oct 2010
23-11-2010, 05:21 PM -
I've just turned off my ad blocker.

I do this with all sites I like / support

[Image: boi10qlavfy6wwvye.png]

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

23-11-2010, 06:31 PM -
Quote:Don't worry, it's OK to put ads on the site. You deserve whatever money they'll make, there's no arguing about that. Good, fast hosting is not free or cheap. Google's ad service does not allow adult advertising. They manually inspect every site they include in their ad rotation for malware and adult content.

I therefore ask any other visitor using an ad-blocker or thinking of using such a piece of software to whitelist the spellborn.org domain. It will generate money for a GOOD cause.

Also, there's something wrong with the forum smileys, they don't show up at all.

Well, I actually ment sites promotion gold selling and so on (I really dislike that).

I thought I'd fixed the smileys their path, going to check again for you [Image: default_sad.png] (they do show up for me though).
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

23-11-2010, 06:34 PM -
I fixed the smileys, I didn't add a / where I had to. Silly me!

zugu

51 posts 10 threads Joined: Aug 2010
24-11-2010, 08:31 AM -
Smileys are OK now, thanks.

Edit: the "click here to discuss this article on the forum" link near the article on the portal simply points to spellborn.org. Shouldn't it point to a forum topic, where we would be should be able to discuss the article?

This post was last modified: 24-11-2010, 08:33 AM by zugu.
Spellborn is back!
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

24-11-2010, 03:15 PM -
Quote:Smileys are OK now, thanks.

Edit: the "click here to discuss this article on the forum" link near the article on the portal simply points to spellborn.org. Shouldn't it point to a forum topic, where we would be should be able to discuss the article?

That is the meaning, yes, but it also needs to happen by hand, that's why it isn't done yet on the current topics. Also, I'm looking for maybe another system so I just need to see what's best Sad