555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
17-11-2010, 03:41 PM -
Quote:Wow that much, nice job btw

[Image: default_biggrin.png]

Anyone finds me good? Sad
DudewithWings

149 posts 8 threads Joined: Nov 2010
17-11-2010, 03:55 PM -
Hehe i love how this site looks and the portal looks amazing to so yeah i think you are good. [Image: default_biggrin.png]

I also like to make sites so how did you do that fading in and out part where news is displayed?

[Image: Steampunksignature.png]
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

17-11-2010, 04:28 PM -
Quote:Hehe i love how this site looks and the portal looks amazing to so yeah i think you are good. [Image: default_sad.png]

I also like to make sites so how did you do that fading in and out part where news is displayed?

Oh that's standard of SMF. It's also standard in this theme (I modified it, but didn't create it... custom theme will come one day [Image: default_biggrin.png]).

It's done by simple javascript I think Big Grin
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

17-11-2010, 04:39 PM -
It still surprises me nobody asked me how I tied the portal and the forum together [Image: default_smile.png] was quite a puzzle, but a fun one to do. Glad it turned out so nicely!

DrDream

94 posts 11 threads Joined: Nov 2010
17-11-2010, 05:01 PM -
your doing an awesome job vamp keep it up. Smile

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

17-11-2010, 05:13 PM -
Quote:your doing an awesome job vamp keep it up. [Image: default_smile.png]

THank you [Image: default_biggrin.png] I hope I'll never dissapoint you guys Big Grin
DrDream

94 posts 11 threads Joined: Nov 2010
17-11-2010, 05:21 PM -
Quote:THank you [Image: default_biggrin.png] I hope I'll never dissapoint you guys [Image: default_biggrin.png]

just make sure your the first to know anything about Tcos, or it gets out here first then you will have did your job just right Big Grin

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

17-11-2010, 05:27 PM -
Quote:just make sure your the first to know anything about Tcos, or it gets out here first then you will have did your job just right [Image: default_biggrin.png]

Well there's more to my job than that alone ;p
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

23-11-2010, 02:48 PM -
I'm sorry guys, but I've added ads to the portal (well, one and it'll stay that way). It's currently ment as a test to help me position some code properly (the ad place was there since I made it) and I have to make sure I don't break stuff when I'm working on the theme control panel. Therefore the ad.

Also, the ad there is to help carry the costs of hosting this site. I don't know if I'll leave the ad, but it could also help us find new games (since it's Google Adsense, they'll most likely will give us gaming ads).

If you see shocking ads (that don't belong here), just mail me. I'll take care of those ads.

I won't add multiple ads to our site, promised, and the forum won't get one either (I don't say it'll never get one, but I'm not planning to add it right now - even if I'm creating a new skin for the forum - the ad space is reserved for other stuff on the forum).

Also, any money earned with the ads "above" the hosting costs will be used to let the community profit from it.

I'm also looking into disabling the ad for users with more than X usefull posts. And don't worry, even I see the ads.

Let me know what you think of this, as it's a decision I don't like to take, but with the growth this site is seeing I have to be careful Sad