Hosting?!
Started by Bufaritza

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

39 posts in this topic
DrDream

94 posts 11 threads Joined: Nov 2010
18-11-2010, 04:26 AM -
so i think i have figured out most of everything you have to do to get aprivate server for Tcos i just cant seem to figure out how to get an emulator that works with Spellborn. [Image: default_wink.png] ill do some more research tomorrow, and hopefully i can give y'all an update.

CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
18-11-2010, 09:18 AM -
Quote:so i think i have figured out most of everything you have to do to get aprivate server for Tcos i just cant seem to figure out how to get an emulator that works with Spellborn. [Image: default_wink.png] ill do some more research tomorrow, and hopefully i can give y'all an update.

All the data you need is in the client version (according to Hinx) and we need someone to reverse engineer it to a serverside client. That's what needs to be done for your private server to work.
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
18-11-2010, 01:46 PM -
And if you succeed please inform us about it [Image: default_tongue.png]

We, as the owners of this site, could help you Wink

DudewithWings

149 posts 8 threads Joined: Nov 2010
18-11-2010, 03:28 PM -
I really wonder if you really pulled it of DrDream running a private server is ALOT harder then you think maybe you misjudged it.

Or I misjudged you, lets hope that its that so we can play TCoS ;D

[Image: Steampunksignature.png]
DrDream

94 posts 11 threads Joined: Nov 2010
18-11-2010, 06:40 PM -
Quote:I really wonder if you really pulled it of DrDream running a private server is ALOT harder then you think maybe you misjudged it.

Or I misjudged you, lets hope that its that so we can play TCoS ;D

i have the time, and patients but i have no clue what do first. its nothing like making a WoW private server, at least not the way i did it. for this i would have to relay all of the monsters, and all that. so in conclusion i am not gonna be able to make that private server [Image: default_wink.png] though i haven't quiet given up hope just yet.

CowMooFlage
Administrator

18-11-2010, 06:56 PM -
Quote:i have the time, and patients but i have no clue what do first. its nothing like making a WoW private server, at least not the way i did it. for this i would have to relay all of the monsters, and all that. so in conclusion i am not gonna be able to make that private server [Image: default_wink.png] though i haven't quiet given up hope just yet.

Monsters spawns and stuff are in the client software. Getting to run the server with Gameguard disabled will be the issue here.
DudewithWings

18-11-2010, 07:37 PM -
Uhm gameguard is bad? Cant you just get around it easily with some tweaks, i know alot of people did it back in the p2p days because gameguard gives problems for alot of people so someone found a way to play with no gameguard.

CowMooFlage
Administrator

18-11-2010, 07:39 PM -
Quote:Uhm gameguard is bad? Cant you just get around it easily with some tweaks, i know alot of people did it back in the p2p days because gameguard gives problems for alot of people so someone found a way to play with no gameguard.

No they didn't find a way without GameGuard; they found a way for it not to block their system because they were using Windows 7 as their OS. You need someone to actually disable/remove GameGuard in the newer client you want to distribute for your emulator.
DudewithWings

18-11-2010, 07:50 PM -
Quote:No they didn't find a way without GameGuard; they found a way for it not to block their system because they were using Windows 7 as their OS. You need someone to actually disable/remove GameGuard in the newer client you want to distribute for your emulator.

Hmm so that means really 're-programming' some files of the game, right?
CowMooFlage
Administrator

18-11-2010, 08:20 PM -
Quote:Hmm so that means really 're-programming' some files of the game, right?

Well someone could reverse engineer the software from the client to a serverside version and add a bit of netwerk code to it... So it requires quite a bit of work.