Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

52 posts in this topic
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
01-11-2010, 06:48 PM -
Nice list [Image: default_smile.png]

Though I disagree with you about the quest tracker: imagine without SpellbornDB, most quests would be very hard. I remember a lot of quests were they said it was over there, only to see they ment another place. A quest tracker which shows you the direction of your goal would be a nice add, as it's way too frustrating for many people to find out what to do.

Bufaritza

60 posts 2 threads Joined: Oct 2010
01-11-2010, 07:09 PM -
Quote:Nice list [Image: default_smile.png]

Though I disagree with you about the quest tracker: imagine without SpellbornDB, most quests would be very hard. I remember a lot of quests were they said it was over there, only to see they ment another place. A quest tracker which shows you the direction of your goal would be a nice add, as it's way too frustrating for many people to find out what to do.

Yea but it's like you already KNOW where to go. It's like spoon feeding to me. I know some quests where wrong, but I always pictured that it was the way the quest was meant to be, the npc not knowing exactly where it was, or knowing a location that was outdated. But that's just me ^^
[Image: nz9yfw6j8st11zd64ylu.gif]
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

01-11-2010, 09:13 PM -
Could be, but it left me searching for a long while, which is really frustrating. Plus, times have changed. Look at Guild Wars which has it's own official wiki (and integration of the wiki in the game).

Quest trackers are needed these days because it's being regarded as a basic feature.

Bufaritza

60 posts 2 threads Joined: Oct 2010
01-11-2010, 09:26 PM -
I regard it as basic stupidity [Image: default_smile.png].

People get to casual. A few years back the internet was not so popular with chats and socialization and stuff. Now if you dont have a facebook account you "do not exist". What's next shees @_@? Oh and that note, some new games have auto walk feature. Yea, you just click your quest and you automatically go to the quest npc/zone/mob. Neet huh? NOT

[Image: nz9yfw6j8st11zd64ylu.gif]
CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
01-11-2010, 11:28 PM -
The way to solve it: allow the player to turn on/off the quest tracker as they please [Image: default_smile.png].

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

02-11-2010, 12:22 AM -
Lol that sucks. GW has an autorun feature, but if there's something in your way you're going to stand there for a long while.

OmgItsFear

52 posts 2 threads Joined: Sep 2010
02-11-2010, 12:35 AM -
well if your using DB your using a quest tracker

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

02-11-2010, 12:40 AM -
Indeed, but integration in the game would be a lot better [Image: default_smile.png]

And since it happened before with other projects I was involved with (XOOPS...), sometimes those sites we deem important just dissapear. And you're left with barely anything.

acid-burn

207 posts 11 threads Joined: Sep 2010
02-11-2010, 01:24 PM -
Hi everyone,

I don't want to stop your creativity trying to think of new features for the game, but I would rather have as primary implementations:

1. A game with all zones finished and bug free. Especialy the closed shards.

2. All dungeons fully functional.

3. Fully balanced characters so that not one class or another stronguer or weaker is.

4. A non crashing client. (If possible without gameguard)

5. One single server for pvp and pve so that all players can communicate with eachother. The switch to be made from pvp2pve and from pve2pvp by key activation so that the gui doesn't get fully loaded with icons.

Those are the main priorities requierd to start with if we are ever to succeed.

Sincerely,

Acid-Burn

[Image: banner10.jpg]
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

02-11-2010, 04:07 PM -
I prefer to have PVE/PVP seperated but rather done differently as in TCOS: you should be able to transfer between the servers on the go..

And Gameguard is the worst thing in MMO's in years. That should be removed indeed.