Started by Khemical

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

52 posts in this topic
CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
17-11-2010, 02:21 PM -
Quote:If i could change anything i would have put more effort into advertising this game. personally i find games via their news on major gaming websites, ad's on websites, and the occasional sweep of an MMO list looking for new names.

Yep, the lack of promotion killed this game from the start. People that found one of the rare boxes in the stores were also clueless about what TCoS actually was for a game... Only the ones that read websites like massively.com, tentonhammer.com, mmorpg.com, ... etc knew about its existence.
DrDream

94 posts 11 threads Joined: Nov 2010
17-11-2010, 03:12 PM -
Quote:Yep, the lack of promotion killed this game from the start. People that found one of the rare boxes in the stores were also clueless about what TCoS actually was for a game... Only the ones that read websites like massively.com, tentonhammer.com, mmorpg.com, ... etc knew about its existence.

that's sad to hear. but it's funny i think i might have been one of those people because the cover of the box looks familiar but like you said people had no idea what it was and likewise i had no idea about this game until it was to late.

TechSin(Stone)

69 posts 1 threads Joined: Oct 2010
18-11-2010, 09:56 PM -
Yeah, I found Spellborn by luck searching for MMO's, otherwise iv never played it.

The Chronicles of Spellborn..

FlashSwordIrene

56 posts 0 threads Joined: Aug 2010
19-11-2010, 12:05 PM -
same, I knew the name because of Within Temptation's song 'The Howling', but it was pure luck that I ran into the site and the release date a few weeks before the big day. (missed the beta though [Image: default_tongue.png])

DudewithWings

149 posts 8 threads Joined: Nov 2010
19-11-2010, 03:40 PM -
I loved the difficulity of the qeusts, was much more rewarding when finishing one.

Only thing i would change is to be able to see how a armor piece that you didnt bought would look on yourself.

[Image: Steampunksignature.png]
CowMooFlage
Administrator

19-11-2010, 07:11 PM -
Quote:I loved the difficulity of the qeusts, was much more rewarding when finishing one.

Only thing i would change is to be able to see how a armor piece that you didnt bought would look on yourself.

I heard that ability was actually in the game during an earlier closed beta stage. I never saw it in closed beta though; but I did see minigames there that for some reason never made it into the releases.
DudewithWings

149 posts 8 threads Joined: Nov 2010
20-11-2010, 12:02 AM -
Quote:I heard that ability was actually in the game during an earlier closed beta stage. I never saw it in closed beta though; but I did see minigames there that for some reason never made it into the releases.

Bug probably it was sometimes flooded with bugs after a patch so to release a patch to atleast make it enjoyable they had to cut some stuff out for now?
[Image: Steampunksignature.png]
CowMooFlage
Administrator

20-11-2010, 12:07 AM -
Quote:Bug probably it was sometimes flooded with bugs after a patch so to release a patch to atleast make it enjoyable they had to cut some stuff out for now?

Well I heard there were issues with it. But minigames for example worked fine by my knowledge; I played chess and checkers a couple of times and without issues.
Sabre
TCoS Developer

12 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2010
20-11-2010, 01:31 AM -
Due to a recent format, I lost a few things [Image: default_tongue.png]

Part of which was my proposal for the in-game GM Console, and my scripts for making events such as City Under Siege....

I'd love to see lots of "live action Events"

DrDream

94 posts 11 threads Joined: Nov 2010
20-11-2010, 03:59 AM -
Quote:Due to a recent format, I lost a few things [Image: default_tongue.png]

Part of which was my proposal for the in-game GM Console, and my scripts for making events such as City Under Siege....

I'd love to see lots of "live action Events"

im not sure what that is but it sounds terrible Big Grin