Thank you
Started by Taalar

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

58 posts in this topic
Jerne

4 posts 0 threads Joined: Nov 2010
22-11-2010, 05:52 PM -
Well, I have family living in The Hague. So if we need someone who can speak directly to someone in the area, she has already volunteered.

Thanks for the mobygames link that should help all of us trying to make contact and find out more.

Im not a programmer myself so Im afraid Im not too much help there [Image: default_smile.png]. Ive built several MySQl/php databases with html front ends, batch file scripts, stuff like that , fooled around and compiled linux kernels, altered config files, little hacks like that,  Ive set up plenty of servers but no actual C sharp or anything.

Im hoping that it wont come to that. If  Spellborn does indeed hold any rights, and is a ghost company and no one cares then maybe they will just give it to us? Or there maybe a legal way to usurp the code if the license owners wont respond or can't be contacted after due diligence and we can prove its been abandoned? Ive sent a msg on facebook to the CEO of frogster, hopefully he will respond and we can get some solid idea of the who owns what and the possibility of a re-release or obtaining the code, the server software, etc.

Theres even an idea I had of establishing a non-profit to educate up and coming game developers. Then we ask on its behalf for TCOS for students to learn on, and that gives frogster a tax write-off so they can donate it to that organization and get something out of it? Dunno just brainstorming.

Apparantly Erick T'sas is the founder of Kaeon
http://www.khaeon.com/khaeon_games.html#spellborn

Translated article by google from Auguest 2010

Erik t 'Sas, developer of The Chronicles of Spellborn, reacts at the end of the game

August 11th, 2010 | Author: Editorial

Erik 't Sas, founder of Khaeon, was once the driving force behind the large scale MMORPG The Chronicles of Spellborn. For years he has nothing to do officially, but he and his team have invested years of their lives in the game. And in September, which is definitely in the air.

t 'Sas: "It is your baby. Obviously something that, years fighting against all odds and put down a game but a good number of people gave a lot of fun. Anyway, apart from a piece of nostalgia is also a game now already six years ago, there is almost no work done since 2008 and the core team at Spellborn Works has also been a considerable time to work elsewhere. "

"In terms of promotion, there is practically nothing (more) occurred in Spellborn well as a studio and a game stagnation leads to the end. We get emails from the community who wish to continue their story and not of Spellborn Spellborn NV nor the publishers can leave (no reply) and then come back to us as creators. If there are plans to have something to do with Spellborn we have since heard nothing further. I assume that it is now definitely over, and in conclusion for Khaeon this chapter for good. We remain proud of the performance delivered is that we will never lose. "

He ends with: "Do not concentrate on what was and could have been, but what lies ahead. To be continued! "

This post was last modified: 22-11-2010, 06:13 PM by Jerne.

CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
22-11-2010, 07:18 PM -
Quote:Well, I have family living in The Hague. So if we need someone who can speak directly to someone in the area, she has already volunteered.

Thanks for the mobygames link that should help all of us trying to make contact and find out more.

Im not a programmer myself so Im afraid Im not too much help there [Image: default_sad.png]. Ive built several MySQl/php databases with html front ends, batch file scripts, stuff like that , fooled around and compiled linux kernels, altered config files, little hacks like that,  Ive set up plenty of servers but no actual C sharp or anything.

Im hoping that it wont come to that. If  Spellborn does indeed hold any rights, and is a ghost company and no one cares then maybe they will just give it to us? Or there maybe a legal way to usurp the code if the license owners wont respond or can't be contacted after due diligence and we can prove its been abandoned? Ive sent a msg on facebook to the CEO of frogster, hopefully he will respond and we can get some solid idea of the who owns what and the possibility of a re-release or obtaining the code, the server software, etc.

Theres even an idea I had of establishing a non-profit to educate up and coming game developers. Then we ask on its behalf for TCOS for students to learn on, and that gives frogster a tax write-off so they can donate it to that organization and get something out of it? Dunno just brainstorming.

Apparantly Erick T'sas is the founder of Kaeon
http://www.khaeon.com/khaeon_games.html#spellborn

Translated article by google from Auguest 2010

Erik t 'Sas, developer of The Chronicles of Spellborn, reacts at the end of the game

August 11th, 2010 | Author: Editorial

Erik 't Sas, founder of Khaeon, was once the driving force behind the large scale MMORPG The Chronicles of Spellborn. For years he has nothing to do officially, but he and his team have invested years of their lives in the game. And in September, which is definitely in the air.

t 'Sas: "It is your baby. Obviously something that, years fighting against all odds and put down a game but a good number of people gave a lot of fun. Anyway, apart from a piece of nostalgia is also a game now already six years ago, there is almost no work done since 2008 and the core team at Spellborn Works has also been a considerable time to work elsewhere. "

"In terms of promotion, there is practically nothing (more) occurred in Spellborn well as a studio and a game stagnation leads to the end. We get emails from the community who wish to continue their story and not of Spellborn Spellborn NV nor the publishers can leave (no reply) and then come back to us as creators. If there are plans to have something to do with Spellborn we have since heard nothing further. I assume that it is now definitely over, and in conclusion for Khaeon this chapter for good. We remain proud of the performance delivered is that we will never lose. "

He ends with: "Do not concentrate on what was and could have been, but what lies ahead. To be continued! "

The message from Eric 't Sas was posted before in the news section a couple of weeks ago.

I don't see the Hague investors giving up their 18 million euro project to the community. These people don't have a heart for gaming; they only think of the money in their pocket. As long as the license is theirs; they can get something out of it financially.
acid-burn

207 posts 11 threads Joined: Sep 2010
22-11-2010, 11:09 PM -
Greetings everyone,

I found the phone number of the official that handeld the forclosure of Spellborn B.V. He/She might have the names or contacts of the spellborn representatives or directors/owners involved. I have no names but found the number via the chamber of commerce. Here it is: +31 (0)70-4140516

Maby one of you can try it out.

At the moment I am not in the possibility to handel such complex matters. Ecuses therefor...

Sincerly,

Acid-Burn

[Image: banner10.jpg]
zugu

51 posts 10 threads Joined: Aug 2010
23-11-2010, 09:13 AM -
Quote:I, myself, have already spoken to former exployees of Spellborn Works BV and they confirmed the thought that Spellborn NV is no more than a name with an IP, TCoS, in the pocket of a group of Dutch investors from The Hague. They also have no idea if the game is still under redevelopment with Frogster; but they seem to be doubting it.

I hear that Spellborn NV was officially located in Hong Kong at some point in time. Anyway, Frogster confirmed they're no longer involved in redeveloping the game when they announced the lay off of the people in their Korean subsidiary involved in developing the F2P version.

I hope acid-burn's lead will take us somewhere.
Spellborn is back!
acid-burn

207 posts 11 threads Joined: Sep 2010
23-11-2010, 03:32 PM -
Hi all,

I found more info that could be usefull if someone can find the contact info for the following person:

Acording to the article here: http://bashers.nl/2009/06 , A. Vrakking from Spellborn N.V. used to be the financial manager.

Mark Huijmans was the sales and marketing manager for The Chronicle Of Spellborn at or for Mindscape.

I hope this gives any leads.

Greetings,

Acid-Burn

[Image: banner10.jpg]
Jerne

4 posts 0 threads Joined: Nov 2010
23-11-2010, 03:36 PM -
Quote:I hear that Spellborn NV was officially located in Hong Kong at some point in time. Anyway, Frogster confirmed they're no longer involved in redeveloping the game when they announced the lay off of the people in their Korean subsidiary involved in developing the F2P version.

I hope acid-burn's lead will take us somewhere.

This isnt actually true. Frogster is still involved and I received a message yesterday from ;

"Axel Schmidt | Frogster Interactive Pictures AG to me

show details 11:25 AM (22 hours ago)

Dear ****,

we are still talking to different partners about a continuation of the project.

But we can’t tell you more at the moment.

Because of ongoing negotiations, we can’t give the source code out to anybody to set up private servers or similar.

Rest assured, that we will announce any substantial news as soon as soon as we have results.

Best regards

Axel

--

Axel Schmidt

Director Corporate Communications

Frogster Interactive Pictures AG

Hardenbergstr. 9A · 10623 Berlin · Germany

Tel  +49 (0)30-28 47 01 44

Fax  +49 (0)30-28 47 01 11

Cell  +49 (0)171-34 78 460

Mail  [email protected]

Web  www.frogster.de"

Bufaritza

60 posts 2 threads Joined: Oct 2010
23-11-2010, 05:02 PM -
Quote:This isnt actually true. Frogster is still involved and I received a message yesterday from ;

"Axel Schmidt | Frogster Interactive Pictures AG to me

show details 11:25 AM (22 hours ago)

Dear ****,

we are still talking to different partners about a continuation of the project.

But we can’t tell you more at the moment.

Because of ongoing negotiations, we can’t give the source code out to anybody to set up private servers or similar.

Rest assured, that we will announce any substantial news as soon as soon as we have results.

Best regards

Axel

--

Axel Schmidt

Director Corporate Communications

Frogster Interactive Pictures AG

Hardenbergstr. 9A · 10623 Berlin · Germany

Tel  +49 (0)30-28 47 01 44

Fax  +49 (0)30-28 47 01 11

Cell  +49 (0)171-34 78 460

Mail  [email protected]

Web  www.frogster.de"

Well that did not really cheer me up. Anyway guys, next time when you give e-mails to those people mention this website ffs, they may make an account so we can stay in touch with them more directly. It would be awesome if someone continued the game, but if theyre still in negociation phase it will take a looong time till agreement, contract signed, team put in place, familiarization with TCoS, client ready for X market etc etc.
[Image: nz9yfw6j8st11zd64ylu.gif]
CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
23-11-2010, 10:40 PM -
Quote:Interesting never the less. Let's hope they can live up to their promise.
debbilicious

29 posts 5 threads Joined: Aug 2010
26-11-2010, 11:31 PM -
again, I have to point out that repeated communication to Frogster and Spellborn NV is not only pointless until the court case is done, but risks being viewed as harassment and may even jeopardise the games possible future Sad

[Image: 59188_430846286730_593711730_5278636_815571_n.jpg]

~x~Fake Friends Killed on Sight~x~