Started by Taalar

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

58 posts in this topic
Bufaritza

60 posts 2 threads Joined: Oct 2010
13-11-2010, 12:06 AM -
Quote:Just some insane thoughts:

What about try somethin else: Acclaim, which ist now Playdom owns the rights to publish TCOS in the USA. It seems that Playdom is not interestet in running Spellborn. Maybe we could ask them to sell us the rights (if they are allowed to do that, but besides that we still have to contact Spellborn NV or whatever they are called), so we would be able to run game servers in the USA, maybe with accounts as we left them. In this case we would not be able to improve the game (because Spellborn NV still owns the code), but at least we would be able to play it.

Good and dumb idea. Good because we can buy the rights, bad because the price for that extends thousands of dollars/euros, in fact I think it would be like 100.000+ euros. Another BIG problem is that Playdom owns the Spellborn rights in the USA, which for me means a big FU from Playdom and for like at least 50% of the people on this forum(we do not live in the USA, hence we could not play). There are workarounds, proxyes, VPN's and stuff, so I would still be able to find an easy way. Hey if they sell us the rights cheap why not. We could at least ask them for how much they sell it.
[Image: nz9yfw6j8st11zd64ylu.gif]
CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
13-11-2010, 01:34 AM -
Quote:Good and dumb idea. Good because we can buy the rights, bad because the price for that extends thousands of dollars/euros, in fact I think it would be like 100.000+ euros. Another BIG problem is that Playdom owns the Spellborn rights in the USA, which for me means a big FU from Playdom and for like at least 50% of the people on this forum(we do not live in the USA, hence we could not play). There are workarounds, proxyes, VPN's and stuff, so I would still be able to find an easy way. Hey if they sell us the rights cheap why not. We could at least ask them for how much they sell it.

We know the official location of Spellborn NV now (see my previous post). It's better to go after them instead of the publishers. They cannot sell their contract and Disney won't listen to a fansite, especially not when Spellborn NV can then sue them for selling the rights (which isn't their possession) to a third party.
Bufaritza

60 posts 2 threads Joined: Oct 2010
13-11-2010, 11:09 AM -
Yea, I saw that. So send them a message, or Vamp could do that. I am really curious on how they respond.

Btw, how is your computer issue coming along?

[Image: nz9yfw6j8st11zd64ylu.gif]
CowMooFlage
Administrator

13-11-2010, 11:27 AM -
Quote:Yea, I saw that. So send them a message, or Vamp could do that. I am really curious on how they respond.

Btw, how is your computer issue coming along?

Just got it back & 'n fixed [Image: default_smile.png]. There was something wrong with my RAID.
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
13-11-2010, 11:47 AM -
Well my idea is to make a new petition, with a little more media attention, and do it on this site so I can export the data and send it through mail to Spellborn NV to back up our claims. Should be able to do at least something.

CowMooFlage
Administrator

13-11-2010, 01:34 PM -
Quote:Well my idea is to make a new petition, with a little more media attention, and do it on this site so I can export the data and send it through mail to Spellborn NV to back up our claims. Should be able to do at least something.

Any signature goals? (# amount)
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
13-11-2010, 02:07 PM -
500 at least ;p

CowMooFlage
Administrator

13-11-2010, 03:49 PM -
Quote:500 at least ;p

Should be achievable, with the proper approach [Image: default_smile.png].
TechSin(Stone)

69 posts 1 threads Joined: Oct 2010
17-11-2010, 02:42 AM -
Good idea.

The Chronicles of Spellborn..

DrDream

94 posts 11 threads Joined: Nov 2010
17-11-2010, 03:41 AM -
Quote:Well my idea is to make a new petition, with a little more media attention, and do it on this site so I can export the data and send it through mail to Spellborn NV to back up our claims. Should be able to do at least something.

anything i can do to help? id be willing to do anything to help. id really like to help revive this amazing game.