Which MMORPG's or MMO's are you playing?
Started by debbilicious

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

163 posts in this topic
Bufaritza

60 posts 2 threads Joined: Oct 2010
04-12-2010, 01:05 PM -
Quote:Firefall; I was so excited at first. But after viewing their video for a second time, I already got put off with the graphics. The visuals are pretty good but their artstyle isn't my thing.

Too bad about Rift. I had a feeling its not gonna be something really different. Firefall's graphics is cellshaded, like Borderlands, and I loved Borderlands. But the problem about the artstyle isnt the quality, but the "I've seen that before". Thumper--->Dune, monsters--->Starship Troopers, characters design--->Team Fortress 2, Monsters at the end "raid"--->Halo+War of the worlds(tripod). They've taken loads of stuff and integrated, problem is they took TOO  much, and it feels like a spaghetti at times.
[Image: nz9yfw6j8st11zd64ylu.gif]
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
04-12-2010, 10:28 PM -
Sorry, but I accidently broke the posting here - sorry. It's fixed now.

If you encounter any bugs, feel free to tell me.

nander

6 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2010
12-12-2010, 11:09 PM -
Spellborn was the only mmorpg I enjoyed playing. If you want to know what I don't like about other MMORGs, try out Progress Quest, it's some kind of joke. It's a Fully automatic RPG. You don't do anything, it does the same thing over and over again automatically. It grinds monsters, goes back to town, sells stuff, buys new stuff, and repeats. That's the feeling I have with most other mmorpgs. Only spellborn felt different.

Ranph

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Dec 2010
15-12-2010, 10:14 PM -
I am very sad that SB is gone and its return is uncertian. But to answer the question of this forum I present the following information.

Lord of the Rings Online (LotRO) - I was a beta tester for this game, and found the storyline to be awesome, the only downside to it was it was a pay to play game, ie another WoW type game. But ever since it went Free to Paly (F2P) I have returned and I am loving every moment of it!

Fallen Earth (FE) - The perfect cross between a FPS and MMO! I finally get to know how Mad Max or the Hero of Fall Out did it! A small but dedicated staff keep the game free of flame wars and stupid childish behaviors! A very nice adult style game. A must try MMO!

Some Games I want to give mention to:

Age of Conan (AoC) Free Trial - I think its worth the time.

Dungeons and Dragons Online (DDO) F2P - A nice game, but bring your friends as this is not a solo'able game and needs a team to get the most out of it.

Guild Wars (GW) - Still an awesome game, to bad the wait for GW2 is its dead albatros that hangs heavy around its neck.

Borderlands - A great little game! Great way to kill time! *evil grin*

Some games I thought I should mention as not worth your time or money:

EQ2 F2P, the graphics are weak and lacking!

Runes of Magic F2P (RoM), this game has tons of tech issues and its apparent they want your money and don't care about your game play! Its a shame that they have so much to offer yet fail so badly in the player care department!

Ghost

44 posts 14 threads Joined: Dec 2010
17-12-2010, 06:42 PM -
Rappelz cuase its free and I hate it, its SO SO boring, PLease bring back my favorite game(TCoS)

[Image: Trialtwoc.jpg]
FlashSwordIrene

56 posts 0 threads Joined: Aug 2010
24-12-2010, 11:35 AM -
This one looks pretty interesting, it's called Divine Souls (open beta). Downloading the game atm, I'll tell ya more when I've tried it.

http://divinesouls.outspark.com/

FlashSwordIrene

28-12-2010, 04:42 PM -
Aight, I've played Divine Souls for a few days now and it's actually pretty good. The server stability is pretty horrible though...Also, it could use some polish on some minor parts, but nothing gamebreaking so far.

I kinda like the brawler-style gameplay, which kinda feels like Street Fighter games for some reason. It's not quite Spellborn-like, but it's definitely above average.

Only real downside is that the dungeons will feel a bit repetitive after a while, so it's a good thing there's a decent PvP system. (4v4 matches etc.)

All in all, it's a pretty good and promising game, but you'll be doing the same things pretty often, so it's more like a good distraction than a real "main" MMO.

Oh, and should you start playing, I'd recommend playing on the US servers, they're a lot more stable than the EU ones.

FlashSwordIrene

07-02-2011, 07:40 PM -
Update on Divine Souls:

The devs tried fixing the server stability. Instead the problems got even worse and now they're trying to fix the stability problems again... And as the communication between the devs and the publishers isn't anything short of terrible, it's probably going to take a while before Divine Souls is playable again.

DudewithWings

149 posts 8 threads Joined: Nov 2010
07-02-2011, 08:36 PM -
Uhm as I am hearing all this Divine Souls is really a bad game atleast the technical stuff behind it. ;]

[Image: Steampunksignature.png]
CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
09-02-2011, 11:19 AM -
Quote:Update on Divine Souls:

The devs tried fixing the server stability. Instead the problems got even worse and now they're trying to fix the stability problems again... And as the communication between the devs and the publishers isn't anything short of terrible, it's probably going to take a while before Divine Souls is playable again.

I can't believe they put out an open beta with unstable server, this will put off many players for them never to return again!