Started by debbilicious

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

67 posts in this topic
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
28-08-2010, 05:38 PM -
Quote:Yup, plus as you pointed out to me before: we saw quite some announcements back then about games that never saw daylight. Games that we haven't even heard of since!
Like their "secret project" where 'everyone could make a game' directed by David Perry.God, I even think that they didn't even had any important person left at the end. Acclaim died and with it a whole lot of bad gaming and bad support. Let's hope it only gets better now.
PaintedMan

7 posts 0 threads Joined: Aug 2010
29-08-2010, 10:35 AM -
Here's a little more detailed info on Acclaim's shutdown.http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/30126/Acclaim_Shuts_Down_Games_After_Playdom_Transition.phpThey must've been in deep troubles if, Disney/ laydom decided to shut down everything.

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

29-08-2010, 07:46 PM -
Quote:Here's a little more detailed info on Acclaim's shutdown.http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/30126/Acclaim_Shuts_Down_Games_After_Playdom_Transition.phpThey must've been in deep troubles if, Disney/ laydom decided to shut down everything.
Indeed, it is very strange. Acclaim is gone though, and with it currently Spellborn. I truly hope that we can hope on Frogster to bring it back.
Sabre
TCoS Developer

12 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2010
01-09-2010, 04:39 PM -
Hi guys, This is Sabre! (Ex-community manager for Spellborn N.V international English).

I dont know what everyone has heard about TCoS, but I have tried to keep upto date with it.

For those americans in the crowd remember that TCoS was Spellborn N.V's not Acclaims, and Acclaim had their own CM (Historian).

The future of the re-release of Spellborn looks very grim, thanks to the place I worked (and lost my job) which was the actual developers Spellborn N.V in the Hague, Netherlands.

I can give you this quote:

Quote:The 64% Frogster subsidiary Frogster Asia Co. Ltd. could yet again not reach an agreement on further cooperation with the Dutch licensor Spellborn NV regarding the intended enhancements and publishing of the free to play version of the MMO Game 'The Chronicles of Spellborn' in Asia and is thus forced to close down the development studio and to dismiss all staff who dealt with the free to play version by order of Spellborn NV. Herefrom arises an extraordinary negative P&L effect for the subsidiary which will have a negative impact to the group result in a small to medium six digit Euro amount. The Frogster Interactive management had informed the public several times before about the uncertain outcome of the ongoing talks. On the other side, Frogster Interactive will reclaim the paid prepayments for the product of a seven-digit Euro amount while it is unknown whether the developer could make such a payment. The company has already fully written off all prepayments on Frogster's balance sheet regarding the game so that no noteworthy negative impacts from the balance sheet are impending.

Frogster Interactive will finance the further, not yet break-even operation of 'Runes of Magic' in Korea and, as already announced, the market launch of the MMO Game 'Ghost Fighter' which was recently newly licensed by Frogster Asia from the Chinese market leader Shanda and is scheduled for launch in autumn. This funding will be done per a shareholder loan to Frogster Asia in a medium six-digit Euro amount. At the same time, the holding company will receive a call option on for the acquisition of further stakes in Frogster Asia at face value.

[Image: n1010263203_1338623_2810667.jpg]

The Spellborn Team, weeks before things went south.

This post was last modified: 01-09-2010, 04:43 PM by Sabre.
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

01-09-2010, 04:45 PM -
Hello Sabre, welcome aboard [Image: default_wink.png] Hope you'll like our new little forum. Might not be much, but it's all we have for now.

That information has been around for a while now, but we have had an email from Frogster stating this:

Quote:We are in ongoing discussions with the developer Spellborn NV about the future of The Chronicles of Spellborn. But to be honest, we can’t tell you and the whole community what the future for The Chronicles of Spellborn will be at present. We can assure you that we are struggling hard to achieve a solution to reactivate and reanimate The Chronicles of Spellborn for all faithful and devoted players.

We haven't shared the content of that mail publicly yet, but the time is here I think.

I've heard many voices in the community to start a private server, but talking with Selachii made it very clear: it's very hard to do and it would also be expensive.

However, Frogster is what we are hoping for now [Image: default_wink.png]

And thanks for the picture, Sabre [Image: default_biggrin.png] Glad to see the people that made this great mmo! [Image: default_biggrin.png]

I also put your custom title to Former Community Manager. You can change it on your profile page if you wish.

Kevin
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

01-09-2010, 04:57 PM -
Sabre, gave you a Ex-TCoS Community Manager rank. It's a special rank and you're the only one that will get it [Image: default_wink.png]

Kevin

Sabre
TCoS Developer

12 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2010
01-09-2010, 05:40 PM -
Yeah, I also heard this (well, similar) as I still want to work on its PR and Community team.

I've been going through my contract to see what things I could release about the work done there. My main goal as Community Manager for this title was to make sure the players were getting all they need and deserve.

It's one of the reasons they let me go so soon.

I made this video (unfortunately this 1 is rather distorted)

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/o...orn/314713

They said as I posted that on youtube, and that it had the word Spellborn throughout, That I violated my contract........

Spellborn N.V. were looking ways to save money badly. This goes from not hiring a new PR Manager after the last one left, to dismissing quest and content writers and a CM like myself. (Yes, they left the English CM work to a French and German CM)

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

01-09-2010, 06:12 PM -
Too bad they let you go; you did your work fanasticly. I still remember you on the official forums on tcos.com, I think. Has been ages ago, and I never was a forum hopper anyway at that time.

It's sad how the company turned out, and it's sad how the game has fallen. The game is still one of the best MMO's I've played.

And btw, that video is awesome!

Kevin

acid-burn

207 posts 11 threads Joined: Sep 2010
01-09-2010, 08:54 PM -
Greetings everyone, and specially Sabre!

Long time no see, how have you been Saber!

I have had your video all the time in my Favs. I look at it often.

I want to thank you again for making that event a succes.

Sincerly,

Acid-Burn

Ex-Guild Master of Origin Born Killers

[Image: banner10.jpg]
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

01-09-2010, 08:58 PM -
Welcome aboard, acid-burn! [Image: default_wink.png]

Glad to see you here Wink