Started by debbilicious

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

67 posts in this topic
Sabre
TCoS Developer

12 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2010
01-09-2010, 10:03 PM -
It was a great event. I had a nice set of plans for events including city defence! (You would of loved it).

I know the [Dev] team had a lot more in store for the arenas..... I would guess it's a game of waiting now....

I just hope whoever gets it doesn't make it a cartoon game.

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
02-09-2010, 05:00 AM -
I hope the same thing, Sabre. You can make an item shop in the game without removing or breaking anything, it will be tricky though. Also, not a very clever idea in my eyes to let a western market MMORPG to be redeveloped by asians. They're the grindmasters...

Topek

7 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2010
02-09-2010, 12:59 PM -
Some grind must be implemented to apply xp potions in cash shop - it's main and most popular product in every MMO. But actually it wouldn't destroy TCoS. Problem is that asians totally don't get Spellborn main point - atmosphere and design. Remember these screenshots from asian Spellborn v.2? manga eyes etc. If Frogster took this game it would probably end with flashy world, housemaid costumes, baseball-swords etc. I've been observing mmorpg market for about 10 years and never seen any dark, "serious"  game from Korea. They just can't do it and their market won't accept such things.

This post was last modified: 02-09-2010, 01:22 PM by Topek.

CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
02-09-2010, 04:22 PM -
Quote:Hi guys, This is Sabre! (Ex-community manager for Spellborn N.V international English).

I dont know what everyone has heard about TCoS, but I have tried to keep upto date with it.

For those americans in the crowd remember that TCoS was Spellborn N.V's not Acclaims, and Acclaim had their own CM (Historian).

The future of the re-release of Spellborn looks very grim, thanks to the place I worked (and lost my job) which was the actual developers Spellborn N.V in the Hague, Netherlands.

I can give you this quote:

[Image: n1010263203_1338623_2810667.jpg]

The Spellborn Team, weeks before things went south.

Hey Sabre,

Very happy you dropped by! You were quite possibly the best community manager the EU side of the game ever had. Many still fondly remember you for all the work you did.

I don't know what you're doing nowadays but I hope that many other gaming-communities will be able to enjoy the same Sabre we knew [Image: default_wink.png]!
Sabre
TCoS Developer

02-09-2010, 06:32 PM -
Things could have been better, but acclaim's contract was not the most wise choice they made. The IP barrier and splitting of communities is never a good thing. I know ping comes a lot more into effect when manual targeting is involved, but splitting the community is not the way to have a game of spellborn's player base.

It left very very quiet times at late hours, and even worse in the mornings. look at APB... I have friends who are American and Canadian, I couldn't play with them unless I bought a NA key.

Even still the split communities in other games are still the same site, where as acclaim had to have everything their way (Acclaim coins....................).

I tried to bring EU events over the seas to the US, for example the caption competition.

[Image: ContestScreenshot01_test.jpg]

1 thing I wish could of been implemented, was the new launcher....

[Image: loader.png]

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

02-09-2010, 06:42 PM -
That new launcher looks so sweet...

Topek

7 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2010
02-09-2010, 07:21 PM -
Quote:Things could have been better, but acclaim's contract was not the most wise choice they made. The IP barrier and splitting of communities is never a good thing. I know ping comes a lot more into effect when manual targeting is involved, but splitting the community is not the way to have a game of spellborn's player base.

It left very very quiet times at late hours, and even worse in the mornings. look at APB... I have friends who are American and Canadian, I couldn't play with them unless I bought a NA key.

Even still the split communities in other games are still the same site, where as acclaim had to have everything their way (Acclaim coins....................).

I tried to bring EU events over the seas to the US, for example the caption competition.

I'm also not a fan of splitting communities but it's still pretty popular and not such a big problem if it's done properly. In Spellborn publishing contracts were the weirdest I have ever seen. We had EU version but still countries like Poland were under Acclaim. Many people complained about this. 100% EU, 100% NA wouldn't be as bad.

Anyway, thanks for screenshots. Launcher looks nice.

CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
02-09-2010, 08:43 PM -
Yep... the split launch was a shame. But well they apparently weren't able to find someone to publish the game for them all together. Actually, I do still remember they had trouble finding a publisher at all before release.

As for the launcher: boy, that would have boosted community events so much! Awesome idea, I wonder why no one else cared to put something in any game at all!

EDIT: what's the name of the music in the video? ;D

Sabre
TCoS Developer

04-09-2010, 01:52 PM -
Actually got it from my brother-in-law, Its from an Anime called Naruto Shipudden or something.

I extended it from something around 1.57 to 3 minutes..... If you listen carefully, you'll here the overlaps.

The launcher design was user suggested, I wanted a change too, but was working on a concept design for in-game GM's to help run events... Unfortunately my time was cut short and the proposal never got off its design grounds....

I didn't get a chance to send all my work back home.. at the time, never saw the need as I could log into the network via VPN.

In other news:

Apparently Jesper Kyd put the Spellborn theme "What Lies Hidden Must Be Found" on the audible music page of his site!

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

04-09-2010, 02:00 PM -
Been there for years actually, Sabre. I often go there to listen Wink