Started by debbilicious

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

67 posts in this topic
CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
04-09-2010, 02:28 PM -
Quote:Actually got it from my brother-in-law, Its from an Anime called Naruto Shipudden or something.

I extended it from something around 1.57 to 3 minutes..... If you listen carefully, you'll here the overlaps.

The launcher design was user suggested, I wanted a change too, but was working on a concept design for in-game GM's to help run events... Unfortunately my time was cut short and the proposal never got off its design grounds....

I didn't get a chance to send all my work back home.. at the time, never saw the need as I could log into the network via VPN.

In other news:

Apparently Jesper Kyd put the Spellborn theme "What Lies Hidden Must Be Found" on the audible music page of his site!

Thanks for tellling me what song it is! It's very fitting for the game and the movie.

EDIT: found it here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_G3wwKP_K28 [Image: default_wink.png]

Are you still actively working in the entertainment business at the moment?

Also, quite cool that you still care enough to drop by and say hi. Did you ever play again after the eu-servers went down :/?
This post was last modified: 04-09-2010, 02:35 PM by CowMooFlage.
Sabre
TCoS Developer

12 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2010
04-09-2010, 06:20 PM -
Whilst working at Spellborn N.V, My fiancé was pregnant with twins.

After I lost my job, someone made it so that all my accounts were blocked. What annoyed me the most was that they blocked the version of the game I paid for too.

As I am British, and was working in the Netherlands, I spent a few more months in the NL with my fiancé and her family, before moving back to the UK. I decided to move back near my family (where the games industry apparently doesn't exist...). My fiancé gave birth in November to two premature boys! (Both doing great!) I’ve spent a good few months with them, and now it’s time to look for work once more. As for what I’ve done whilst with my children, I've been volunteering in communities under the alias "Neo".

I would love to stay as a Community Manager as there is no better job in my opinion. It’s not as simple as one would think, and there’s a huge amount of PR work if you do it right. Maybe if Spellborn comes back I can once again do the work if not more effectively than I did in the past.

The future is complex, and the world we live in far more. Nothing is for certain, but I’ll keep active here for a while.

Right now though, time to continue my beta test of Final Fantasy XIV. (3 bugs reported today!).

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
04-09-2010, 06:42 PM -
Congrats with being a dad, Sabre! That they blocked your accounts surely sucks... even the paid one.

I hope you might have a future with Frogster :")

Thanks for being here with the rest of us. Most fansites of Spellborn ceased to excist now. Some still excist, but have stopped to be updated.

We needed a place for people to come to. It might not be much, but we've gotten this. And I try to keep this up as long as I can and makes sense. I truly hope TCoS lives to see another dawn.

OmgItsFear

52 posts 2 threads Joined: Sep 2010
05-09-2010, 03:57 AM -
well damn im glad i found this forum! With the forum gone from the acclaim homepage i was losing hope in this game and the community couldn't talk either. but who even has the owning rights to this game? i heard it went from acclaim to playdom to disney idk what the hell is going on, but it's a huge relief knowing they are still negociating the future of this game.

But anyways i'm pretty sure alot of people don't know about this forum so ill tell everyone i know from the old forum about this one and hopefully we can get a big community running again Big Grin

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

05-09-2010, 09:03 AM -
Currently, Spellborn NV still has the rights [Image: default_biggrin.png]

Welcome back Big Grin

This post was last modified: 05-09-2010, 03:09 PM by CowMooFlage.
CowMooFlage
Administrator

05-09-2010, 03:16 PM -
Quote:Currently, Spellborn NV still has the rights [Image: default_biggrin.png]

Welcome back [Image: default_biggrin.png]

Yup, welcome back!

Spellborn NV holds the rights and Acclaim(Playdom/Disney) was only publishing for most European countries and North America. Forgster and Mindscape were covering the original release in a select number of European countries. At that time an IP-ban was imposed so that people living abroad couldn't join in for the fun. This hurt the game badly.

After Spellborn Works BV, a daughter company of Spellborn NV and taking care of the patches of TCoS, went bankrupt, all the devs were fired, EU servers were closed, and Frogster announced that their daughter company, Frogster Asia, would take over development of the game. They would turn the game into a F2P MMORPG with a cashshop. However recently it became clear that the game's redevelopment had stopped due to Spellborn NV and Frogster not being able to reach an agreement:
Quote:The 64% Frogster subsidiary Frogster Asia Co. Ltd. could yet again not reach an agreement on further cooperation with the Dutch licensor Spellborn NV regarding the intended enhancements and publishing of the free to play version of the MMO Game 'The Chronicles of Spellborn' in Asia and is thus forced to close down the development studio and to dismiss all staff who dealt with the free to play version by order of Spellborn NV. Herefrom arises an extraordinary negative P&L effect for the subsidiary which will have a negative impact to the group result in a small to medium six digit Euro amount. The Frogster Interactive management had informed the public several times before about the uncertain outcome of the ongoing talks. On the other side, Frogster Interactive will reclaim the paid prepayments for the product of a seven-digit Euro amount while it is unknown whether the developer could make such a payment. The company has already fully written off all prepayments on Frogster's balance sheet regarding the game so that no noteworthy negative impacts from the balance sheet are impending.

Frogster Interactive will finance the further, not yet break-even operation of 'Runes of Magic' in Korea and, as already announced, the market launch of the MMO Game 'Ghost Fighter' which was recently newly licensed by Frogster Asia from the Chinese market leader Shanda and is scheduled for launch in autumn. This funding will be done per a shareholder loan to Frogster Asia in a medium six-digit Euro amount. At the same time, the holding company will receive a call option on for the acquisition of further stakes in Frogster Asia at face value.

And we're all aware of how the story continued...
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

05-09-2010, 04:47 PM -
It doesn't just stop there however, as Frogster & Spellborn NV are facing each other in court. Maybe that way we might be able to play it once more if Frogster wins.

Malyngo

33 posts 2 threads Joined: Sep 2010
05-09-2010, 06:00 PM -
Is the court info only based on the article quoted?

As they are talking about "it is unknown whether the developer could make such a payment" I am not so sure if they are talking about Spellborn N.V., as that is the licensor.

It might well be that the "developer" they are talking about is Frogster Asia from whom they want their money back (Although they share the same name and working together, they are still two different companies).

On first reading, I also got the assumption that they are talking about Spellborn N.V, but after reading it again, I am not so sure.

CowMooFlage
Administrator

05-09-2010, 07:06 PM -
Quote:Is the court info only based on the article quoted?

As they are talking about "it is unknown whether the developer could make such a payment" I am not so sure if they are talking about Spellborn N.V., as that is the licensor.

It might well be that the "developer" they are talking about is Frogster Asia from whom they want their money back (Although they share the same name and working together, they are still two different companies).

On first reading, I also got the assumption that they are talking about Spellborn N.V, but after reading it again, I am not so sure.

True, I'm not too sure if there is any legal activity. But then again Debbie is pretty damn sure there is so I'm in doubt.
OmgItsFear

52 posts 2 threads Joined: Sep 2010
05-09-2010, 07:53 PM -
These are the answers everyone was looking for on the old forums. So basically, if frogster wins in court they will redevelop the game and we will be able to play again, but if SpellBorn NV wins in court, then what happens?