Started by debbilicious

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

67 posts in this topic
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
11-09-2010, 08:13 AM -
Hello Selachii, welcome to the Spellborn Fan Hub!

debbilicious

29 posts 5 threads Joined: Aug 2010
21-09-2010, 08:58 PM -
Quote:True, I'm not too sure if there is any legal activity. But then again Debbie is pretty damn sure there is so I'm in doubt.

woah, hang on a mo, lol. [Image: default_smile.png]

I was forwarded an e-mail by a friend who had contacted Frogster. Their reply mentioned "ongoing discussions" with them and Spellborn NV.  I am assuming this means the legal proceedings between Spellborn NV and Frogster, It may mean something else, but there has been various news items online reporting that Frogster has taken Spellborn NV to court, just seems to follow that might be what they mean. We can't even guess if this is hopeful or not though unfortunately.

This is an excerpt of the e-mail from Frogster to my friend who forwarded it to me, exactly as written -

"We are in ongoing discussions with the developer Spellborn NV about the future of The Chronicles of Spellborn. But to be honest, we can’t tell you and the whole community what the future for The Chronicles of Spellborn will be at present. We can assure you that we are struggling hard to achieve a solution to reactivate and reanimate The Chronicles of Spellborn for all faithful and devoted players. "

I am going to paste the full e-mail excepting names concerned in a new thread for everyone to see [Image: default_smile.png] x
[Image: 59188_430846286730_593711730_5278636_815571_n.jpg]

~x~Fake Friends Killed on Sight~x~

CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
22-09-2010, 04:53 PM -
Quote:woah, hang on a mo, lol. [Image: default_smile.png]

I was forwarded an e-mail by a friend who had contacted Frogster. Their reply mentioned "ongoing discussions" with them and Spellborn NV.  I am assuming this means the legal proceedings between Spellborn NV and Frogster, It may mean something else, but there has been various news items online reporting that Frogster has taken Spellborn NV to court, just seems to follow that might be what they mean. We can't even guess if this is hopeful or not though unfortunately.

This is an excerpt of the e-mail from Frogster to my friend who forwarded it to me, exactly as written -

"We are in ongoing discussions with the developer Spellborn NV about the future of The Chronicles of Spellborn. But to be honest, we can’t tell you and the whole community what the future for The Chronicles of Spellborn will be at present. We can assure you that we are struggling hard to achieve a solution to reactivate and reanimate The Chronicles of Spellborn for all faithful and devoted players. "

I am going to paste the full e-mail excepting names concerned in a new thread for everyone to see [Image: default_smile.png] x

I've read the email, Vamptrix showed me the whole thing. And that was also the part that made me unsure if there was any legal activity at all. Ongoing discussions is a kind of cryptic description.
OmgItsFear

52 posts 2 threads Joined: Sep 2010
23-09-2010, 02:52 AM -
It's still a relief knowing Frogster is trying hard, it's been a month since the last post from them so i'm glad to hear they're still trying

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

24-09-2010, 08:39 PM -
As often is the case, we can only wait... I truly hope for the best.

OmgItsFear

52 posts 2 threads Joined: Sep 2010
24-09-2010, 11:37 PM -
Yep it will probably be a while since they have to reanimate it and everything! 

Dracold

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2010
26-09-2010, 03:40 PM -
First: Hello together, greetings from Germany ( I know a number of people who miss Tcos too)

For a long time, I was looking for a private server, but I didn't find one *sigh*

But I was lucky, that I found this forum, with some people who also miss this great game.....I'm pretty pessimistic about the future, but hope dies at last, doesn't it?

Well I think......nothing more to say at this point than: Spellborn, we miss you:'-(

CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
27-09-2010, 06:37 PM -
Quote:First: Hello together, greetings from Germany ( I know a number of people who miss Tcos too)

For a long time, I was looking for a private server, but I didn't find one *sigh*

But I was lucky, that I found this forum, with some people who also miss this great game.....I'm pretty pessimistic about the future, but hope dies at last, doesn't it?

Well I think......nothing more to say at this point than: Spellborn, we miss you:'-(

Ooh welcome, Dracold! Please, invite your friends to come over as well!

Private servers were never made for this game. And creating our own would be an enormous process and actually fairly impossible. All we can do this is have hope... and keep checking this forum. Because, as soon as we know something, you know something!

Feel free to create threads about the game you miss the most and share memories with other ex-players [Image: default_smile.png].
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

29-09-2010, 08:24 PM -
Trough talking with Selachii on WLM it was clear quite quickly that a private server is very hard, in my eyes even impossible to create Smile

Sabre
TCoS Developer

12 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2010
30-09-2010, 01:40 PM -
its harder now the real servers are gone....

and hard because of the extensive coding to make the unreal engine so robust to hold so many people in 1 area.