The End is Nigh
Started by debbilicious

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

67 posts in this topic
debbilicious

29 posts 5 threads Joined: Aug 2010
25-08-2010, 01:37 PM -
Well, tomorrow is the announced end [Image: default_smile.png] Hopefully some more members of the old forum will join up here so we can all keep in touch. That way we can all find out if anything new happens regarding the game. I strongly suspect the forum will either become locked or be deleted tomorrow.I am not hopeful that the game will come on today after the reset, it is unfair we were not given these past few weeks to play in peace. Cry

[Image: 59188_430846286730_593711730_5278636_815571_n.jpg]

~x~Fake Friends Killed on Sight~x~

PaintedMan

7 posts 0 threads Joined: Aug 2010
25-08-2010, 07:42 PM -
Sad day indeed. I hope Spellborn will continue to exist. Such complex and immersive universe can't go into a waste. Glad there is a refugee shelter. Sooner or later they will close official boards too [Image: default_smile.png]

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
26-08-2010, 07:42 PM -
Indeed, sad that they did not at least give us time to say goodbye.I'll miss you, Spellborn.But I'm glad that htis board will at least stay here for all of us to keep updated.As long as we have hope, this will be online.Kevin

zugu

51 posts 10 threads Joined: Aug 2010
27-08-2010, 07:56 AM -
Crap, I just noticed the site and the forum are down. It would seem all Acclaim games were discontinued. I thought this was all only about Spellborn and the Acclaim games that did not produce any money. Weird.Back to our business, I really hope to see Spellborn up again some day.Will they be able to find another publisher? Will Frogster sue the hell out of Spellborn NV and reclaim the game as compensation?

Spellborn is back!
debbilicious

29 posts 5 threads Joined: Aug 2010
27-08-2010, 11:29 AM -
The old forum has gone [Image: default_smile.png]If we hear ANYTHING about the possible continuance of the game we will post in here. x

[Image: 59188_430846286730_593711730_5278636_815571_n.jpg]

~x~Fake Friends Killed on Sight~x~

CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
27-08-2010, 06:35 PM -
Quote:Crap, I just noticed the site and the forum are down. It would seem all Acclaim games were discontinued. I thought this was all only about Spellborn and the Acclaim games that did not produce any money. Weird.Back to our business, I really hope to see Spellborn up again some day.Will they be able to find another publisher? Will Frogster sue the hell out of Spellborn NV and reclaim the game as compensation?
It's all up to Frogster so it seems. I see no other publisher coming forward buying a license off Spellborn NV to publish The Chronicles of Spellborn. The damage has been done to the brand "TCoS". I'm afraid that no publisher will take such risks. Atleast no publisher with a noteworthy reputation. We might see a F2P publisher picking up the game and doing their thing with it though.Also this image is what posted on the Acclaim homepage:[img]http://img839.imageshack.us/img839/6672/acclaimisnomore.th.png[/img]
Czelsior
Eternal Guardian

187 posts 27 threads Joined: Aug 2010
28-08-2010, 02:08 AM -
So...now its done.Acclaims spellborn isn't anymore.The only thing we can do now is to wait for a new publisher who will rez this game.

What lies hidden. must be found

TCoS Gameplay Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/czelsior

CowMooFlage
Administrator

28-08-2010, 10:18 AM -
I tipped the news to Massively.com as they weren't aware of Acclaim shutting down. Rubi Bayer made a small post out of it: http://www.massively.com/2010/08/27/acclaim-shuts-down-all-games-and-main-site/.Some of the commenters on the post are also expressing their sadness: "Agree with Jimo, sad to see a place that took part in the history of gaming go down and take its employees with them. Especially with the potential of games like TCOS in their hands. I too get grumby at Acclaim because they robbed me of spellborn." "Goodbye sweet sweet Spellborn T_T I wonder why Gamerfirst chose to publish 9Dragons, Spellborn is much better than 9D."But most people seem to bash down on Acclaim, stating that they are glad they're gone. I, too, share the same feeling. I'm happy Acclaim as a company is no more. They provided the worst support (all areas) ever... But I feel for the people that might have lost their jobs (we don't know anything about people moving to Playdom or not) and of course I'll miss Spellborn...

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
28-08-2010, 02:24 PM -
I, for one, can't be more glad that Acclaim is history. I feel sorry for their (former) employees, but this company is over. And it is only good that it is over.Last news about them that they themselved posted dates for 2007. Not so good for a company <!-- sWink -->[Image: default_smile.png]<!-- sWink -->And they proved to me that they are incompetent fools.

CowMooFlage
Administrator

28-08-2010, 04:48 PM -
Quote:I, for one, can't be more glad that Acclaim is history. I feel sorry for their (former) employees, but this company is over. And it is only good that it is over.Last news about them that they themselved posted dates for 2007. Not so good for a company <!-- sWink -->[Image: default_smile.png]<!-- sWink -->And they proved to me that they are incompetent fools.
Yup, plus as you pointed out to me before: we saw quite some announcements back then about games that never saw daylight. Games that we haven't even heard of since!