Who's behind the computer screen? Introduce yourself :)
Started by debbilicious

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

59 posts in this topic
zugu

51 posts 10 threads Joined: Aug 2010
01-09-2010, 08:33 PM -
Hi,

My name is Tiberiu and I'm a proud Romanian. I'm 25 years old and I've been playing a lot of games these last 15 years. I also "play" games for a living - I'm a video game tester.

I also play A LOT of Team Fortress 2 and I'm a rabid Valve fanboy.

MMORPGs are nothing new to me, but while I am somewhat of an addictive personality, I've never quite jumped into the bandwagon.

My MMORPG adventures:

- bought WoW vanilla, only to cancel the subscription two weeks in the free month. The whole game seems to be revolving around gear and is basically the same thing over and over again. Huge time sink.

- tried WAR, Age of Conan, only to uninstall the trials. I just didn't like them.

- played DDO: Eberron and abandoned it after noticing everything is instanced.

- same for Guild Wars.

- played Runes of Magic and quit after realizing it's a huge money sink and I would actually be better paying for WoW.

- tried Allods and deeply disliked the Cold War / fantasy crossover. Suspension of disbelief utterly ruined. Not to mention the ridiculous item shop prices.

- I just discovered LotRO, it seems decent enough, but I advise everyone to play using a subscription. "Free 2 play" is more expensive in the long run than paying a monthly sub.

And then, there was Spellbon. The only MMORPG that managed to impress me.

Loved:

- the art direction

- the music and the soundscapes

- the unique combat system

- the lore

- the High House faction system

- the uselessness of the gear

- the importance of the player skill and combat deck choices

Hated:

- most of the character design - the human males and all Daevi looked like crap

- the Quarterstone crystal quests (10000 crystals? Are you kidding me?)

- the lack of people to party with - not really the game's fault, however, I was pulling my hair out at times in Ringfell Hearth when questing solo

I only managed to reach level 28. There are areas in the game I never got the chance to explore. My House Rune Warrior Adept is now gone.

It was extremely sad to see the game crumbling before my eyes. On life support for almost a year, Spellborn is now dead and we are here to honor its achievements. Maybe we will see it alive yet again.

It happens I'm enjoying a beer at the moment, as I'm writing this in front of my PC's monitor. So here's to the greatest MMORPG ever, The Chronicles of Spellborn!

Spellborn is back!

Messages In This Thread
Who's behind the computer screen? Introduce yourself :) - by zugu - 01-09-2010, 08:33 PM