Started by Kevin_mybb_import1

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11 posts in this topic
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
01-08-2010, 01:24 AM -
Even tough Hinx decided to cancel the domain spellborndb.net, our community will continue hosting it. This site will continue to excist.Spellborn DB will get tied into this site when it's getting taken over.

Commakazigrl

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Aug 2010
09-08-2010, 06:31 PM -
what happened, who pulled the plug!!!
This post was last modified: 07-09-2016, 10:47 AM by Kevin.

zugu

51 posts 10 threads Joined: Aug 2010
01-09-2010, 08:39 PM -
Did you contact hinx? Did he agree to transfer the domain to you, along with the site files?

I'm asking because some days ago I contacted him to ask if he was willing to make the site available as an offline copy. He replied saying that he has no intention of doing that, with the game gone and everything.

So are you sure he's willing to transfer everything to you?

Just asking. I would hate to see SpellbornDB offline, sometimes I like to read the quests just to get myself into the "Spellborn mood". Also, if we're to improve the Spellborn Wiki while the game is offline, the DB will provide us with valuable information about the lore and the characters.

Spellborn is back!
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

01-09-2010, 08:45 PM -
Quote:Did you contact hinx? Did he agree to transfer the domain to you, along with the site files?

I'm asking because some days ago I contacted him to ask if he was willing to make the site available as an offline copy. He replied saying that he has no intention of doing that, with the game gone and everything.

So are you sure he's willing to transfer everything to you?

Just asking. I would hate to see SpellbornDB offline, sometimes I like to read the quests just to get myself into the "Spellborn mood". Also, if we're to improve the Spellborn Wiki while the game is offline, the DB will provide us with valuable information about the lore and the characters.

I'll contact Hinx about this Wink
JW-NL

129 posts 7 threads Joined: Nov 2010
21-12-2012, 11:27 PM -
Today I noticed that the spellborndb.net website from Hinx is now no longer available.

Did you get any response from Hinx anyway Vampiretrix ?

Was just wondering since I still used the website from time to time to look up some info.

Greetings Jan-Willem

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

22-12-2012, 10:26 PM -
Hi JW-NL,

Seems like Hinx decided to not renew the domain name...

I can understand him for this though, there hasn't been any news concering Spellborn in a long while.

I don't have a backup though and haven't heard from Hinx in a while.

What I can advise is trying to use archive.org to see if some articles got cached.

Czelsior
Eternal Guardian

187 posts 27 threads Joined: Aug 2010
03-02-2013, 10:49 PM -
Too bad the DB is closed now.

Was a really good site to check things.

Hope that Hinx will come back to life someday to recreate it [Image: default_wink.png]

If not i think we all still have many Quest Spots and Drop Locations in our minds

What lies hidden. must be found

TCoS Gameplay Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/czelsior

Saltiel
Retired dev

122 posts 3 threads Joined: Sep 2014
04-09-2014, 10:36 AM -
I hope Hinx still have the files offline... If one day an emulator popped out this database would be of a great help in order to recreate the world layout (npc / mobs / quest location). I would even say it would be gold.

This post was last modified: 04-09-2014, 10:37 AM by Saltiel.
acid-burn

207 posts 11 threads Joined: Sep 2010
04-09-2014, 03:04 PM -
Quote:<div>
I hope Hinx still have the files offline... If one day an emulator popped out this database would be of a great help in order to recreate the world layout (npc / mobs / quest location). I would even say it would be gold.

</div>
From looking into the map files, the spawn points of all mobs/npc's/quest locations are in the client files. What is not is  the marker/response that determines if the quest is available or disabled, and the tracking of having completed a quest or not.

What is also in the client  is a table of max xp/level progression (if i can describe it this way [Image: default_wink.png] ).

[Image: banner10.jpg]
Saltiel
Retired dev

122 posts 3 threads Joined: Sep 2014
04-09-2014, 03:21 PM -
Wow, you really did an awesome work when digging into the datafiles!

It's a chance that the devs choose that approach but I must say that I'm a bit surprised because from a security point of view it's not very optimal!

But well, I will not complain about that. ^^