Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
24-02-2016, 05:09 PM -
Hello everybody,

Just a quick note that I've moved our site to a different server. Should you have any issues, please let me know.

Next to that, our site is now encrypted thanks to Let's Encrypt. This means that your visits to our site are now encrypted with an SSL certificate!
If you use an old version of Firefox, Chrome or another browser, you might get a warning because of an invalid certificate - in that case, your browser doesn't include the latest certificate authorities.

Our site is completely safe! Wink

Kev
Polymo
Someone who thinks he can code

328 posts 39 threads Joined: Sep 2014
24-02-2016, 05:18 PM -
Good to know. But just a side note, in firefox the security info icon tells me that some non secured elements may be blocked (and i don't know which), but maybe this is not an issue anyway.
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

24-02-2016, 07:07 PM -
Normally it shouldn't be an issue - I'm not getting any on my browser in any case.

Another thing I forgot to say is that our site is now reachable natively with IPv6, so should your provider support IPv6, you're probably already visiting the Fan Hub using IPv6!
Czelsior
Eternal Guardian

187 posts 27 threads Joined: Aug 2010
24-02-2016, 07:35 PM -
These are good news.
What lies hidden. must be found

TCoS Gameplay Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/czelsior

acid-burn

207 posts 11 threads Joined: Sep 2010
24-02-2016, 07:59 PM -
Things that can give the message that some content might be blocked is for ex. URLs that reference content via http instead of https. For example images hosted elsewhere on a site that only makes it available via http.
[Image: banner10.jpg]
wingedwolf123

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Jun 2016
17-06-2016, 05:20 AM -
(24-02-2016, 05:09 PM)Kevin Wrote: Hello everybody,

Just a quick note that I've moved our site to a different server. Should you have any issues, please let me know.

Next to that, our site is now encrypted thanks to Let's Encrypt. This means that your visits to our site are now encrypted with an SSL certificate!
If you use an old version of Firefox, Chrome or another browser, you might get a warning because of an invalid certificate - in that case, your browser doesn't include the latest certificate authorities.

Our site is completely safe! Wink

Kev

forums seem dead is this project still alive ? is the server up and playable ? is there anyone playing it ? if not are there plans to continue ... just randomly happened across this site tonight and tbh this was my favorite mmorpg ever so i would love to play again
Polymo
Someone who thinks he can code

328 posts 39 threads Joined: Sep 2014
17-06-2016, 07:44 AM -
Hey, the server is not up yet, as there is a certain bug to be fixed that makes it randomly hang sometimes. We were not very active during the last months because of rl-things. But as far as i'm concerned there are no plans to stop, it's just kind of paused for a little while. (After all, we don't have that many people with coding knowledge involved in its development, so most are also just waiting for the server to be finished). That's why we appreciate every help we can get.
wingedwolf123

2 posts 0 threads Joined: Jun 2016
27-06-2016, 11:40 AM -
Awesome really looking forward to this
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

06-07-2016, 02:13 PM -
And another exiting upgrade today! Smile

As of today, we're running on a newly configured Ubuntu server with PHP 7.0 and NGINX, making our site faster than ever!
And, as an added bonus, we're now supporting HTTP/2 as well (which means that our site can load in multiple items at the same time), so our site should be a lot faster compared to before.

With this new server also comes a new back-up system, but more news about that is coming soon.

Have fun!

- Kev