Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

19 posts in this topic
Getty_

21 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2014
08-09-2018, 09:57 AM -
(07-09-2018, 10:56 PM)japaokiko Wrote:
(28-01-2018, 10:08 AM)Getty_ Wrote:
(27-01-2018, 06:16 PM)Saltiel Wrote: So you did not have to use Acid's converted models?

I did. umodel doesn't open tcos assets. he converted those to the ut2k4 format

can u splain how you do that ?  maybe put download link ?
i am working on server files, and a had some clue to how to build that, but i can 'load' and compile the 'floor' and another stuffs to server...

the files were decrypted by someone else. i don't think there are any links still up

i don't think opening the maps works with only having those files. you need the .u files that were specifically made for the game

someone already posted an early server here on forums. what you're trying to do is different than that?
This post was last modified: 08-09-2018, 09:58 AM by Getty_.

japaokiko

5 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2018
08-09-2018, 01:19 PM -
(08-09-2018, 09:57 AM)Getty_ Wrote:
(07-09-2018, 10:56 PM)japaokiko Wrote:
(28-01-2018, 10:08 AM)Getty_ Wrote:
(27-01-2018, 06:16 PM)Saltiel Wrote: So you did not have to use Acid's converted models?

I did. umodel doesn't open tcos assets. he converted those to the ut2k4 format

can u splain how you do that ?  maybe put download link ?
i am working on server files, and a had some clue to how to build that, but i can 'load' and compile the 'floor' and another stuffs to server...

the files were decrypted by someone else. i don't think there are any links still up

i don't think opening the maps works with only having those files. you need the .u files that were specifically made for the game

someone already posted an early server here on forums. what you're trying to do is different than that?

the .u files are on the client. to enter on map, and do some 'client' bases stuffs its not so hard.... can be done kinf of easy, the most hard work is on make the 'server' side;
think on that.... where the monster will walk ? what the monster will see ??? can you see another player ?? those king of configuration is, sometimes, a pain in ass to do...
and on that i have some clue .... but i need to 'open' those files...
i see the "encrypt" its not somethink so hard..... when u  see the hexcode of a ut2k4 file and the tcos there are not encrypt on that.... looks like configuration change.
there is some information on the package, like 0x04= 137 (ut2004 uses version 128 of package)
This post was last modified: 08-09-2018, 01:43 PM by japaokiko.
Polymo
Someone who thinks he can code

328 posts 39 threads Joined: Sep 2014
09-09-2018, 07:31 PM -
@japaokiko
You can download the sandbox server, the code is not pretty, but it's enough to walk around in the world, even with other players at the same time.
It's just missing all AI/combat related stuff as that's way harder to reconstruct.
To add that, you most likely don't need to mess with the geometry files (exception may be the terrain for pathfinding and LOS checks, but those are the last things to worry about).
For everything else you could have a look at the current state of the package extractor we have assembled so far.
You can find that on github (i'd suggest also looking at https://github.com/TCoS-Rebirth/PackageImporter for an improved version)
acid-burn

207 posts 11 threads Joined: Sep 2010
10-09-2018, 01:04 AM -
For those still interested, my files are here for now: http://www.spellborn.nl/sb-files/
The files Getty used are in the custom folder.
The TCOS SDK were made by someone else.
If you use the ue-explorer, you can partially read the scripts from the u files.

From what I understood from one of the original SB dev, the scripts are incomplete as a lot of code was ported to the DLLs.
The UT custom download is 8,45 GB in size.

I hope this helps.

Respectfully,

Acid-Burn
This post was last modified: 10-09-2018, 01:07 AM by acid-burn.
[Image: banner10.jpg]
japaokiko

10-09-2018, 10:51 AM -
(09-09-2018, 07:31 PM)Polymo Wrote: @japaokiko
You can download the sandbox server, the code is not pretty, but it's enough to walk around in the world, even with other players at the same time.
It's just missing all AI/combat related stuff as that's way harder to reconstruct.
To add that, you most likely don't need to mess with the geometry files (exception may be the terrain for pathfinding and LOS checks, but those are the last things to worry about).
For everything else you could have a look at the current state of the package extractor we have assembled so far.
You can find that on github (i'd suggest also looking at https://github.com/TCoS-Rebirth/PackageImporter for an improved version)

that is the think i am doing right now...
the geometry of world, as like the monster structure and any interaction, will need to set up the information about map/ animation and static meshes.... so i need to 'open' in unrel/ue explorer/ 3ds .... to get the information to server;

@acid-burn that link have a ue explorer, how u use that to open tcos files ?
acid-burn

10-09-2018, 11:11 AM -
You need the big download. In there you will find a unreal installation and the u files present there too.
If you download the SDK' zip files, you can see the contents of the u files exported to text.

Otherwise I will have to create newly converted u files.
japaokiko

10-09-2018, 10:13 PM -
(10-09-2018, 11:11 AM)acid-burn Wrote: You need the big download. In there you will find a unreal installation and the u files present there too.
If you download the SDK' zip files,  you can see the contents of the u files exported to text.

O
therwise I will have to create newly converted u files.

what big download ? the .iso is invalid to download. can u post the link ?
acid-burn

10-09-2018, 10:51 PM -
Sorry, forgot to add the mime type. Please try it again.
acid-burn

15-09-2018, 01:29 PM -
I was just wondering since all postings stooped after my previous one, does anyone did download any/all of them? If so do you think they are of any use in helping things along?
Any input would be appreciated.
japaokiko

23-09-2018, 06:32 PM -
sorry for delay, i will try do some stuff this week all the things i got was using unity, but i need to get it on unreal =/ ...