who owns the rights to TCOS?
Started by DrDream

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
DrDream

94 posts 11 threads Joined: Nov 2010
21-05-2013, 01:15 AM -
So as the title states im curious as to who owns the rights to this game since acclaim went the way of the dinosaurs.i know this would never work but I am still crushing hard on this game, i listen to the music daily on my portable music device [Image: default_biggrin.png] and sit at the log-in screen sometimes for hours just looking in awe, and hoping one day someone somewhere will try to relaunch this game be it private server or an actual publisher. I think this game would do great with a good item mall with no P2W items like potions to make u run faster, or anything that would give you an edge over someone else unless of course that same item was craft able in game. anyway more to my point of why i made this thread i wanna try to rally the troops and have us bombard the current owner with emails and maybe even some real life mail if we can get their address. or even try to make a new petition and get as many signers as possible, i know the fans are still out there. What lays hidden must be found! and in this case NEEDS TO BE FOUND!

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
21-05-2013, 11:16 AM -
The owner of the Spellborn license is Spellborn N.V..

Problem is that Spellborn NV basicly doesn't excist... it's just a company made to store all the IP and all the work that came forth from Spellborn Works B.V..

We've tried to find the Spellborn NV information, but it always leads to the same adress (Denoodt Gaversweg, if I'm not mistaken), where Spellborn NV doesn't reside.

Best hope is to go after Erik 't Sas, as he is the 'administrative owner' of the tcos.com domain, which looks to me like an important asset of TCoS...

You can always check the WHOIS information of a domain (shows you who bought the domain, who is the technical contact and so on..

You also see the information of Spellborn NV there on their dead address: http://who.is/whois/tcos.com (yes, if you search on spellborn.org you'll find my information [Image: default_tongue.png])

CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
22-05-2013, 08:16 PM -
I guess the original investors (incl. the founder of the 'Free Record Shop' chain) own the rights to the game. Trying to find out who and how all leads back to Spellborn N.V. at an address that isn't used anymore (as VampireTrix has stated before). 

Even if we found the current license holders; what's next? Trying to setup a private server is most likely a no-go. And the license holder(s), in question, might not have direct access to the game's assets and code anymore. 

Nevertheless if the owner does step up or if someone finds a way to contact him/her, we'd definitely be all on it. 

ps: I've searched the internet quite extensively on the matter right before and after the game's final closing. I wasn't able to find any proper contact information. The furthest we've gotten back then is speaking to one of the higher up people at Frogster about them shutting down the activities on the F2P remake. 

This post was last modified: 22-05-2013, 08:21 PM by CowMooFlage.