I need some help!
Started by DrDream

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

7 posts in this topic
JW-NL

129 posts 7 threads Joined: Nov 2010
10-01-2013, 07:32 PM -
Lol, if it is as easy as that we would allready have gotten much further into getting the game running again.

The Gameguard software is trying to connect to it's own server where the license of Spellborn is long outdated.

In other words starting up the game of Spellborn where the gameguard software is active might be hard to get a good working version of the game.

You can see if you can find and download one of the beta versions like 0.8 where this Gameguard software is not yet build in, but as you might have guessed

it's has not the same contect as we played during the last active period on the Acclaim servers.

The other way, which several people allready are trying, is to be able to get into the files via the Unreal engine since this is the foundation on which

the game of Spellborn is build on.

Acid and I are still peeking and poking a lot in the files of the several versions, and by doing this we learn more and more, but also makes it more clear

that a lot of programming has been done by the devs at that time.

This makes it harder to get our thingers behind the things that we need to get the contents out of all the SB files.

If I write for myself, got my hands on some tutorials of Unreal development, 3D studio and some more things to test it out.

did some programming in Delphi pascal to write a reader/writer program for the SB files, but this thing is only in use by Acid and me.

Btw, if you want to see some more images then check out some of my recent posts here on the forum.

Greetings Jan-Willem.

Messages In This Thread
I need some help! - by DrDream - 09-01-2013, 01:06 AM
I need some help! - by JW-NL - 09-01-2013, 07:39 PM
I need some help! - by DrDream - 10-01-2013, 01:57 AM
I need some help! - by JW-NL - 10-01-2013, 07:32 PM
I need some help! - by Ellikah - 02-02-2013, 11:54 PM
I need some help! - by Czelsior - 03-02-2013, 10:44 PM
I need some help! - by JW-NL - 04-02-2013, 01:35 AM
I need some help! - by Ellikah - 05-02-2013, 11:08 AM