Spellborn Music
Started by firstknight117

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
firstknight117

3 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2011
19-09-2011, 07:22 PM -
If this was posted elsewhere in the past please forgive me, I'm on limited time & have to fly.

I didn't think this merited an article submission or I would have written something up. But for those of us who remember the "sounds of Spellborn" there is an excellent upload on YouTube (almost an hour!) of most of the music and ambient sounds. I don't know how long it's going to stay there so have at it.

Disclaimer: it's not my video, I didn't upload it, this is just a link pointing in that direction.

<iframe width="480" height="270" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vTtc9LaPS2M?feature=oembed" frameborder="0"></iframe>

FirstKnight

zugu

51 posts 10 threads Joined: Aug 2010
25-09-2011, 03:16 PM -
Smile

That was uploaded by me, although the mix was not created by me. You can find information about the author in the video description. Here's the second part of the mix.

I am currently toying with the Spellborn music files, I want to create a mix of my own, hopefully with some nice video to go along, because the mixes already uploaded are too ambiental for my taste. The Spellborn score can be very melodic [Image: default_smile.png]

See you around.

This post was last modified: 25-09-2011, 03:49 PM by zugu.
Spellborn is back!
StrikeX
Administrator

90 posts 9 threads Joined: Dec 2010
23-10-2011, 07:16 AM -
Thats nice to hear, I can't wait to listen to your mix. good luck Smile

Have a question? I'm here to help! 
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
25-11-2011, 11:22 PM -
The more Spellborn the merrier Smile

zugu

51 posts 10 threads Joined: Aug 2010
01-04-2012, 09:48 AM -
Here's some fresh links, courtesy of yours truly:

goo.gl/cTh1Z - all Spellborn Ogg files.

http://youtu.be/vTtc9LaPS2M?hd=1 - Spellborn Ambient Mix

http://youtu.be/hFshekuK700?hd=1 - Spelborn Alternate Mix

Enjoy.

Spellborn is back!
DrDream

94 posts 11 threads Joined: Nov 2010
15-01-2013, 08:14 PM -
i have this on my phone so i can listen to spellborn where ever i go Tongue

JW-NL

129 posts 7 threads Joined: Nov 2010
05-12-2013, 10:08 PM -
Most of the music of Spellborn was indeed in the .ogg files.

Now that I'm getting my fingers better behind the way the devs have made Spellborn I know and can play back the different sounds which belong to NPC's and monsters etc.

These things are all present in the Spellborn / Unreal packages and can be played back via UnrealEd once you know how to do it.

Also nice to know is the fact that the skeletal mesh files and it's linked animation contain info at which point a sound must be played.

For example the footstep sounds are played back once the engine detects movement.

I must say, it's still fun to do some digital decoding / puzzling through the data, making slow progress on the things.

This evening I found the links Zugu posted on the hour long soundmix on youtube, and it's fun to see that he also linked to Acid's video where he used my data to create the walkthrough on the ship and Oracle district.

As soon as I've got something more to tell I'll be posting here on the forum.

Greetings Jan-Willem JW-NL

ddrt

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Dec 2012
08-12-2013, 06:56 AM -
Quote:<div>
Most of the music of Spellborn was indeed in the .ogg files.

Now that I'm getting my fingers better behind the way the devs have made Spellborn I know and can play back the different sounds which belong to NPC's and monsters etc.

These things are all present in the Spellborn / Unreal packages and can be played back via UnrealEd once you know how to do it.

Also nice to know is the fact that the skeletal mesh files and it's linked animation contain info at which point a sound must be played.

For example the footstep sounds are played back once the engine detects movement.

I must say, it's still fun to do some digital decoding / puzzling through the data, making slow progress on the things.

This evening I found the links Zugu posted on the hour long soundmix on youtube, and it's fun to see that he also linked to Acid's video where he used my data to create the walkthrough on the ship and Oracle district.

As soon as I've got something more to tell I'll be posting here on the forum.

Greetings Jan-Willem JW-NL

</div>

Nothing can describe my gratitude to you.

Spellborn was my first MMORPG and its the most beautiful one imo

I often lost in the game just because the ambience is so amazing

It made me feel that I was living a real life in a real world.

Although it could be a challenge doing quests and enjoy the game with  my friendly guildies (International [Image: default_biggrin.png] ) since I live in Asia, a different timezone,

the time I had is still unforgettable.

Sad is that the game did not make a success in my country and it did not live longer enough for me to finish all the quest line either.

I really want to say thank you and glad to see its still in progress.

There will always be someone waiting for the game back and find out what lies hidden.

[Image: default_smile.png]

This post was last modified: 08-12-2013, 06:57 AM by ddrt.

Czelsior
Eternal Guardian

187 posts 27 threads Joined: Aug 2010
05-01-2014, 08:44 PM -
Hi all,

I uploaded parts of the soundtrack on my youtube channel

more will follow

What lies hidden. must be found

TCoS Gameplay Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/czelsior