Started by nander

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

8 posts in this topic
nander

6 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2010
08-06-2011, 12:23 PM -
Hi,

I'm a member of the Tempest in the Aether development team and I'd like to invite you guys to join our team. If I manage to get the required number of coders, they are happy to redesign the combat system to any system which works nice. The system I thought would be nice to include is a system where the player chooses between auto-aim and manual aim. This way you will not get aimbots, since auto-aim is included already. Also, it may get a spell system comparable to spellborn. http://www.tempestintheaether.org/ or #tempest-in-the-aether @ freenode.

CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
13-06-2011, 08:11 AM -
This looks really really good! I wish I was any good at coding, I'd definately sign up for something like this.

What's your task on the project, Nander?

StrikeX
Administrator

90 posts 9 threads Joined: Dec 2010
15-06-2011, 08:08 AM -
This looks great I have already signed up at the website. I am not very good at programing. However, I am learning, and I am also a musician so I have some ideas for game music [Image: default_smile.png] can't wait to get started with this project. Wink

Have a question? I'm here to help! 
CowMooFlage
Administrator

15-06-2011, 01:10 PM -
Quote:This looks great I have already signed up at the website. I am not very good at programing. However, I am learning, and I am also a musician so I have some ideas for game music [Image: default_smile.png] can't wait to get started with this project. [Image: default_wink.png]

Nice, keep us posted how it's going!

What tools do you use for composing? (software)
nander

17-06-2011, 12:25 AM -
Quote:This looks really really good! I wish I was any good at coding, I'd definately sign up for something like this.

What's your task on the project, Nander?

Two things:

1. Trying to get some elements of spellborn into the game [Image: default_smile.png]

2. Combat system. I could use some help with that..
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1krHH...P&hl=en_US <- this is the combat system I had in mind.

Right now nearly all departments require more human resources. Departments:

1. Writing (quests; environment/storyline)

2. Graphics (2d, 3d)

3. Sound (music, ambiance, effects)

4. Coding (client, server)

Again: join the forums or join the irc channel. IRC works best.
This post was last modified: 17-06-2011, 12:28 AM by nander.

CowMooFlage
Administrator

17-06-2011, 11:13 AM -
Quote:Two things:

1. Trying to get some elements of spellborn into the game [Image: default_wink.png]

2. Combat system. I could use some help with that..
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1krHH...P&hl=en_US <- this is the combat system I had in mind.

Right now nearly all departments require more human resources. Departments:

1. Writing (quests; environment/storyline)

2. Graphics (2d, 3d)

3. Sound (music, ambiance, effects)

4. Coding (client, server)

Again: join the forums or join the irc channel. IRC works best.

Looks good. I hope you can succeed in the project, recreating a combat system similar to spellborn's is quite the task. Smile
nander

17-06-2011, 12:29 PM -
We're using the planeshift engine, so many parts are in place already, so I'll start by implementing both input methods (manual and auto-aim). The skilldeck is less important to my opinion, I'll look into that after I nailed the aiming.

CowMooFlage
Administrator

19-06-2011, 10:39 AM -
Quote:We're using the planeshift engine, so many parts are in place already, so I'll start by implementing both input methods (manual and auto-aim). The skilldeck is less important to my opinion, I'll look into that after I nailed the aiming.

Oh, I see. Interesting!
zugu

51 posts 10 threads Joined: Aug 2010
27-09-2011, 06:01 PM -
Nice project, but steampunk isn't my cup of tea.

Spellborn is back!