Started by zugu

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

2 posts in this topic
zugu

51 posts 10 threads Joined: Aug 2010
10-03-2011, 12:57 PM -
http://www.ryzom.com/en/

Ryzom is a sandbox MMORPG I think you guys will love.

Released in 2004 by a small French independent studio, Ryzom has known its share of trials and tribulations. The original developer went bankrupt and the game is now managed and developed by a Cyprus-based company, with a lot of ex-employees of the original developer.

The Ryzom game world is masterfully crafted, and the setting is very "science-fantasy". Ryzom is not your traditional MMORPG. There are no classes and no levels, but your character can learn how to fight, use magic, forage and craft at the same time. These four basic skills have levels, from 1 to 250 - with a cap of 125 in the free to play version. Ryzom is a sandbox MMO, meaning that there is no hand-holding and no quest givers with pretty golden exclamation marks above their heads.

The lore is rich and the roleplayers will feel at home. The gathering and crafting are extremely deep and complex - and players can build their own abilities from scratch, using basic "building blocks" that can be learned from NPC-trainers.

The community is probably the friendliest community you'll find in a MMORPG, and while the game is very difficult at times, veteran players will go out of their way to help you as long as you ask nicely.

I really don't know why this is, but each time I play Ryzom it somehow reminds me of Spellborn. There are many similarities between the two, both in-game and in real life. Game-play wise Spellborn has more to do with WoW than with Ryzom, but I'm betting this community won't turn down such an original game.

Here's some videos showcasing the amazing environments on planet Atys, the place where everything in Ryzom happens:

- video 1

- The Living Planet

- video 3

The game is now free to play, at least the first half - that's days and weeks of gameplay. And if you decide to subscribe, the monthly sub is around EUR 8, while the game itself is completely free.

See you in game!

http://www.ryzom.com/en/
Spellborn is back!
CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
10-03-2011, 09:47 PM -
Will give it a try soon! This was on my to-play list [Image: default_wink.png].

flythth

52 posts 3 threads Joined: Oct 2010
21-03-2011, 12:16 PM -
Ive installed it and made a char on the english server "FlyThTh" is its name.

PS:

it works on linux Wink

[Image: boi10qlavfy6wwvye.png]