Started by Kevin_mybb_import1

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

29 posts in this topic
CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
20-01-2011, 07:13 AM -
Quote:Simply the best MMO ever. I've played quite a few... I've seen some good MMOs left for dead but to be honest TCoS came as a surprise for me. I'm REALLY glad to hear it may be reopened, and like Alibris said, even if they dont tweak it at all it will still be fine!

Yup, but they'll tweak some things for sure. The new development team will most likely give it its own touch, for better or worse. But hopefully the game's old charm and atmosphere will remain present!
StrikeX
Administrator

90 posts 9 threads Joined: Dec 2010
20-01-2011, 07:16 AM -
this is good news [Image: default_biggrin.png]

i like it

Have a question? I'm here to help! 
Czelsior
Eternal Guardian

187 posts 27 threads Joined: Aug 2010
20-01-2011, 02:21 PM -
still rumors but imo a good sign for some hope.

nice news

What lies hidden. must be found

TCoS Gameplay Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/user/czelsior

DudewithWings

149 posts 8 threads Joined: Nov 2010
20-01-2011, 06:17 PM -
Quote:Yup, but they'll tweak some things for sure. The new development team will most likely give it its own touch, for better or worse. But hopefully the game's old charm and atmosphere will remain present!

Only thing that I really am worried about is that the music may be getting off. For as far we know Carnyx (though carnyx was in the beta version no?) and all of that has not been made yet and if they didn't then the new development team have to either make resembling music that fits the WHOLE spellborn theme or re-do all the music so that the music in Carnyx would 'match' the music throughout the tcos world.

But lets just hope they hire jesper kyd again... Please.

Though rumours will be rumours.
[Image: Steampunksignature.png]
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
20-01-2011, 07:30 PM -
I think they'd use the already excisting music - making new music is very expensive.

For that reason, I also don't think they will change the game completely - it's way too difficult and way too expensive.

CowMooFlage
Administrator

20-01-2011, 07:37 PM -
Quote:Only thing that I really am worried about is that the music may be getting off. For as far we know Carnyx (though carnyx was in the beta version no?) and all of that has not been made yet and if they didn't then the new development team have to either make resembling music that fits the WHOLE spellborn theme or re-do all the music so that the music in Carnyx would 'match' the music throughout the tcos world.

But lets just hope they hire jesper kyd again... Please.

Though rumours will be rumours.

I don't think they'll redo the whole music. But, I don't think whoever publishes/redevelops this game has the funds to hire Jesper Kyd to make their music. Mr. Kyd has done some remarkable jobs on big titles and he's probably working on the next assassin's creed and Hitman 5 now.
Selachii

14 posts 0 threads Joined: Sep 2010
21-01-2011, 10:25 AM -
I think you guys are thinking a bit too hard on this one. Music? That's the least of their problems. Plus there's unreleased tracks as well that could be used, if not, they would simply re-use music.

No, I think (and this is just pure my guess/opinion. It's not confirmed or based on inside info)

they pitched it as 'using everything as it is, but attaching an "attractive" business model'.

I might be the pessimist here. Investors only want to see how they can get money back from their investment and since a lot of investing has already been done, the return will be more important now.

Also, I can imagine this will be a asian/korean only release, which might be reachable from here, but who says the'll keep the english language in...

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

21-01-2011, 10:37 AM -
Quote:I think you guys are thinking a bit too hard on this one. Music? That's the least of their problems. Plus there's unreleased tracks as well that could be used, if not, they would simply re-use music.

No, I think (and this is just pure my guess/opinion. It's not confirmed or based on inside info)

they pitched it as 'using everything as it is, but attaching an "attractive" business model'.

I might be the pessimist here. Investors only want to see how they can get money back from their investment and since a lot of investing has already been done, the return will be more important now.

Also, I can imagine this will be a asian/korean only release, which might be reachable from here, but who says the'll keep the english language in...

Translating a game this size into another language would be a lot of hard work. I think they won't remove english, but add another language instead.
CowMooFlage
Administrator

22-01-2011, 08:39 AM -
Quote:Translating a game this size into another language would be a lot of hard work. I think they won't remove english, but add another language instead.

Well let's wait and see if it only turns out to be korean/chinese/japanese only, then we might just give it a try again, if it were only for the combat system to be the same. If there's an IP block in place, we should be able to avoid it. But, too much thinking now. Let's just wait and keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best possible outcome.
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

22-01-2011, 12:00 PM -
Quote:Well let's wait and see if it only turns out to be korean/chinese/japanese only, then we might just give it a try again, if it were only for the combat system to be the same. If there's an IP block in place, we should be able to avoid it. But, too much thinking now. Let's just wait and keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best possible outcome.

Indeed Big Grin