IRC channel is +ready ;]
Started by DudewithWings

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

11 posts in this topic
DudewithWings

149 posts 8 threads Joined: Nov 2010
28-11-2010, 05:13 PM -
Today I made the last finishing touch on our IRC channel.

You can join it here:

webchat.quakenet.org

At the nickname you can choose your nickname like mine is DudewithWings.

At the channel box you type in: #SpellbornHub

It must be exactly like stated above with the capital letters on it.

In the progress of doing this I had to kick everyone in it at that time but now you can join it again. (I am very sorry TechSin and FlyThTh i kicked you guys without warning you you must think I am a ass)

For the people that dont like Chats in your webbrowser you can download mIRC wich is a client made for IRC, you can download it here: http://www.mirc.com

Only thing is that this is a bit harder to understand then the easy webchat but for the ones that dont like browserchats this is your sollution!

I hope all of you hop in some time to time and say hi or sup, also i am olmost always in it from now on so if you got qeustion and you think a PM to me takes to much time check IRC I will be there probably. [Image: default_wink.png]

NOTE: Sometimes my in-chat name can be Application-1 i am in more then one channels and people know me by this name.

This post was last modified: 30-11-2010, 05:48 PM by DudewithWings.
[Image: Steampunksignature.png]
flythth

52 posts 3 threads Joined: Oct 2010
28-11-2010, 10:07 PM -
Don't worry DudewithWings I never thought you were an ass ^^

Now we just need to find a way to integrate the chat into the portal maybe there is a IRC plugin for SMF or we could work something out with quakenets webchat...

[Image: boi10qlavfy6wwvye.png]

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
30-11-2010, 09:38 AM -
Working on it [Image: default_wink.png]

I'll look into it a bit more on wednesday. I'll try to do it. For the rest, enjoy our special winterskin and snow effect on the portal ;D

flythth

52 posts 3 threads Joined: Oct 2010
30-11-2010, 04:47 PM -
looks good btw... both, the background, and the snow effect ^^

[Image: boi10qlavfy6wwvye.png]

Bufaritza

60 posts 2 threads Joined: Oct 2010
30-11-2010, 05:07 PM -
Quote:Working on it [Image: default_wink.png]

I'll look into it a bit more on wednesday. I'll try to do it. For the rest, enjoy our special winterskin and snow effect on the portal ;D

Looks awesome. Where did you get such a  high-res image for the background? You really know you're stuff. I do hope you are making money out of this(as in working for a company that is making websites/etc for businesses etc...)
[Image: nz9yfw6j8st11zd64ylu.gif]
DudewithWings

149 posts 8 threads Joined: Nov 2010
30-11-2010, 05:12 PM -
Quote:Working on it [Image: default_wink.png]

It is so good I am actually getting cold here. Tongue
[Image: Steampunksignature.png]
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

30-11-2010, 06:37 PM -
Quote:Looks awesome. Where did you get such a  high-res image for the background? You really know you're stuff. I do hope you are making money out of this(as in working for a company that is making websites/etc for businesses etc...)

Well, I've used the background Spellborn released for christmas, and I've transformed it a bit in Photoshop (making it a LOT bigger). With some proper blurring and a good enough quality it's not really that obvious [Image: default_biggrin.png]

I'm getting better and better in this [Image: default_tongue.png]. And no, I'm not making any money out of this, I'm just doing this as a hobby right now (still at school), but it's something I'd like to do later on.

BTW: Did anyone say snow on the forum ;D?
Bufaritza

60 posts 2 threads Joined: Oct 2010
30-11-2010, 06:46 PM -
I did [Image: default_wink.png]. Waaait. that gives an ideea [Image: default_tongue.png] . Could you put some "snow" on top of the forum ceiling? Yoy know what I mean right? ^^

[Image: nz9yfw6j8st11zd64ylu.gif]
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

30-11-2010, 06:56 PM -
Quote:I did [Image: default_wink.png]. Waaait. that gives an ideea [Image: default_tongue.png] . Could you put some "snow" on top of the forum ceiling? Yoy know what I mean right? ^^

Would be kind of hard, as the theme uses a 12x12 pixel image for that >.<

But in December, expect some new christmas updates (like snow appearing out of nowhere [Image: default_biggrin.png])... I've still got some ideas.
TechSin(Stone)

69 posts 1 threads Joined: Oct 2010
30-11-2010, 08:55 PM -
The show is funny [Image: default_wink.png] No worries about the kick, evrything for the progress of this site [Image: default_tongue.png]

snow

This post was last modified: 30-11-2010, 10:25 PM by TechSin(Stone).
The Chronicles of Spellborn..