3 years of TCoS! Tell us how it was for you :)!
Started by Kevin_mybb_import1

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

15 posts in this topic
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
27-11-2010, 07:27 PM -
Today marks the third birthday of The Chronicles of Spellborn... though the game itself isn't here and we aren't allowed to host a party in the Hawksmouth pub, we'd like to ask you all how these years were for you.

Feel free to tell us what these years ment to you, what you have done, what you wanted to do...

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
27-11-2010, 07:29 PM -
Eli isn't available at the moment, but he left me his message before the post got posted. Here's his message:

Quote:3 years, that's a long time and yet we're still here remembering that game that launched on 27 november 2007. Spellborn stole my 

heart the very first time I played it and I was heartbroken to see it go. But the future might bring good news! 

So... lets wait and see what Frogster has in store for us. "What Lies Hidden, ..."
DudewithWings

149 posts 8 threads Joined: Nov 2010
28-11-2010, 12:28 AM -
For me it was and still is a great game. I consider myself very lucky to find this game 3 years ago in the newspaper. I still believe this game has a future and a very good one it will just take a little more time. So untill that day i salute you spellborn lets meet again soon!

[Image: Steampunksignature.png]
CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
28-11-2010, 12:14 PM -
Quote:For me it was and still is a great game. I consider myself very lucky to find this game 3 years ago in the newspaper. I still believe this game has a future and a very good one it will just take a little more time. So untill that day i salute you spellborn lets meet again soon!

Spot on! Let's see what the future may bring [Image: default_wink.png].
OmgItsFear

52 posts 2 threads Joined: Sep 2010
28-11-2010, 11:43 PM -
for me, im so glad i found this game, met the coolest friendliest people ever on a game. but it also sucks cuz its making me crazy not being able to play it still

CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
29-11-2010, 09:30 AM -
Quote:for me, im so glad i found this game, met the coolest friendliest people ever on a game. but it also sucks cuz its making me crazy not being able to play it still

Yep, that's the one thing bothering us all, I guess. But like you said; Spellborn had a great community. A small one maybe but it was very active, responsive and extremely friendly to newbies.
StrikeX
Administrator

90 posts 9 threads Joined: Dec 2010
06-12-2010, 10:47 PM -
When I found Spellborn In the summer of 2008 It was my first mmorpg ever, I thought "wow!!!" all games must be this good or maybe even better, lol I was let down by several including WoW, Aion, Karos, I must say that Spellborn is the best mmorpg to ever be created. for me the it was the combat style and the massive world that I fell in love with. as a skinshifter I would travel everywhere just to see new places and monsters. this is probably why I only reached level 41. It was more about fun and a level 40+ skinshifter can defeat any pve sitituation in the game so I had tremdous fun exploring in the Name of House Shroud for the Deadspell Enforcers Smile

Have a question? I'm here to help! 
somenewb

3 posts 0 threads Joined: Dec 2010
12-12-2010, 04:51 AM -
As my main character, I played a level-50 wraithguard, somenewb. 

Best Experience:  Meet so many friendly and helpful folks…weren’t we suppose to fight more on the pvp server?   

Worst Experience:  Instant death by level-50 tricksters. 

Without question, my most exhilarating spellborn experience was when my first character, solidgone, a level-20 body based Deathhand arrived at Hearth.  During that time, spellborn was “pay to play” but had a promotion where it was “free to play” for limited timeframe (30 days or something).  Consequently, Hearth was packed with folks trying spellborn for the first time and pvp was everywhere.  It was an awesome image of what could have been had the population not dwindled after the promotion ended.  When I walked off the shardship, it looked liked the Wild West.  Players were fighting in the streets, on top of buildings, outside the gates, at the rez shrine and everywhere in between.  The only sanctuary I found was inside the blacksmith building. 

Still new to the game, I had big trouble competing, let alone winning, at pvp.  In order to complete quests, I had to sneak around town by ducking behind buildings to avoid getting slaughtered.  Progressing like a ninja was slow but steady until I encountered another deathhand of equal level with considerable more skill and attitude. 

This other deathhand made it his personal mission to hunt me down and kill me again and again.  The fights weren’t even close, and I thought that surely he would become bored and leave since I posed no challenge.  Instead of finding a better challenge, he persisted.  I became frustrated and thought that he must have cheats since his attacks never missed and his damage was considerably greater than mine.  Finally, after dying repeatedly for what seemed like hours, I logged off for the night inside the blacksmith with that other deathhand waiting for me just outside the door. 

The next day, I logged back in and was able to escape out of town and to freedom.  It was a big relief to be rid of that other deathhand.  I could now continue making progress questing, so I traveled to the marsh to hunt alligators.  All seemed to be well and good again as I completed that alligator quest and paused shortly before planning the long walk back to town to collect my fame and acquire the next quest.  All those plans changed when my #1 fan appeared to offer a shortcut back to town. 

I recall the scene like it was yesterday.  Suddenly, I saw 1k of my hit points disappear from a headshot.  As I turned to the northwest, I saw that dreaded other deathhand jumping and running down the hill while sending missiles of death towards me.  Before I could offer any resistance, there I lay, dead again…

Not wanting to continue this charade another night, I logged off very confused and frustrated with my deathhand standing at the rez shrine outside of the southern town of hearth.  I ended up staying logged off for many days after that ordeal.  Instead of playing the game, I studied the spellborn wiki and read the forums.  Maybe my luck would be better with a different class?  I elected to go with a 100% focus wraithguard, and somenewb was born.  Best game decision I ever made.   

During my journey to level-50 with somenewb, my knowledge of the game grew, and I gradually came to the realization that my hated nemesis deathhand back at hearth may have not been guilty of cheating.  Instead, he was likely focused based (at that time, the poison dot was based on focus) and simply understood the quirks of the targeting system better than I did at the time. 

Also, my short and unpleasant affair with that deathhand provided a pivotal learning experience for which I am grateful and set a standard to strive for in pvp.  As a result, I become a better player for it.  Unlike Rocky, I never encountered that deathhand again and got the rematch I wanted.  Nevertheless, the experience did help to earn the respect of another deathhand following a few friendly duals when we both were nearing level-40.  A short time later, I received an invitation from that deathhand, Stricken, to join deadspell enforcers.  Everything was cake after that.

Sorry for the long post.

StrikeX
Administrator

90 posts 9 threads Joined: Dec 2010
12-12-2010, 06:21 AM -
Quote:A short time later, I received an invitation from that deathhand, Stricken, to join deadspell enforcers.  Everything was cake after that.

OMG!!!!! its been sooo long. How are you doing? It is So Awesome to see someone from the Enforcers Many Welcomes [Image: default_ohmy.png] :o Smile
Have a question? I'm here to help! 
Ghost

44 posts 14 threads Joined: Dec 2010
18-12-2010, 05:21 PM -
Playing TCoS was the best game time of mylife I miss it dearly.

[Image: Trialtwoc.jpg]