3 years of TCoS! Tell us how it was for you :)!
Started by Kevin_mybb_import1

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

15 posts in this topic
StrikeX
Administrator

90 posts 9 threads Joined: Dec 2010
19-12-2010, 06:42 AM -
Quote:Playing TCoS was the best game time of mylife I miss it dearly.

Agreed!!
Have a question? I'm here to help! 
zugu

51 posts 10 threads Joined: Aug 2010
27-02-2011, 05:23 PM -
Spellborn was the most immersive MMORPG I have ever played, there's no doubt about it. It was a flawed gem, and it is thoroughly missed.

After all this time, it's still at #1 for me.

Spellborn is back!
firstknight117

3 posts 1 threads Joined: May 2011
22-06-2011, 04:37 PM -
Figured since this was a "memory lane" type thread it was okay to necro it.  [Image: default_wink.png]

I don't have a long story of PvP epic battles or high level PvE to share. However, I did level up my skinshifter (can't even remember her final level) and to this day, I haven't found anything better. The outstanding lore and storytelling, exploring the world of Spellborn...it was so close to success, it just needed to stay online for another year and I think it would have soared.

Anyway, watching YouTube videos of Spellborn yesterday I realized that I still miss it terribly. At least we have YouTube nowadays.  [Image: default_smile.png]

If Spellborn ever does reincarnate in some form, I will be first in line.

CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
25-06-2011, 03:10 PM -
Quote:Figured since this was a "memory lane" type thread it was okay to necro it.  [Image: default_wink.png]

I don't have a long story of PvP epic battles or high level PvE to share. However, I did level up my skinshifter (can't even remember her final level) and to this day, I haven't found anything better. The outstanding lore and storytelling, exploring the world of Spellborn...it was so close to success, it just needed to stay online for another year and I think it would have soared.

Anyway, watching YouTube videos of Spellborn yesterday I realized that I still miss it terribly. At least we have YouTube nowadays.  [Image: default_smile.png]

If Spellborn ever does reincarnate in some form, I will be first in line.

I, too, get very nostalgic when watching videos of the game on youtube. I wish all MMOs would be playable offline as well... (after shutdown).
Soulmender

1 posts 0 threads Joined: Jun 2011
26-06-2011, 09:44 AM -
I remember looking on curse.com for an interesting mmorpg to play and coming across Spellborn. I went to the homepage and saw that it was about to enter the closed beta phase. I went to the forums and read up on many things such as lore, combat sys, art, and even the clan recruitments. I was so excited that i marked the date that Spellborn would be Live, Nov 27. I even remember the morning I woke up to go to school just being excited to come home and download it. Unfortunately I couldn't because the servers where packed still. But, once my Model-T computer booted up Spellborn I wanted to shed tears of joy and wonder. I couldn't play much cause my internet was substandard and my comp was made of wood and mud. But when I could I made the most of it, sorta like a brand new car, drove it until it crapped on me. Spellborn being as unique as it was, is alone the one reason why I was fanatical about it. Most MMORPGs in the world arent very good because "it's a rip off of WoW", I was looking forward to the day I could say "WoW shames MMORPGs because its not like TCoS".

When I saw that TCoS was no more, my heart stopped.

CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
26-06-2011, 03:07 PM -
Quote:I remember looking on curse.com for an interesting mmorpg to play and coming across Spellborn. I went to the homepage and saw that it was about to enter the closed beta phase. I went to the forums and read up on many things such as lore, combat sys, art, and even the clan recruitments. I was so excited that i marked the date that Spellborn would be Live, Nov 27. I even remember the morning I woke up to go to school just being excited to come home and download it. Unfortunately I couldn't because the servers where packed still. But, once my Model-T computer booted up Spellborn I wanted to shed tears of joy and wonder. I couldn't play much cause my internet was substandard and my comp was made of wood and mud. But when I could I made the most of it, sorta like a brand new car, drove it until it crapped on me. Spellborn being as unique as it was, is alone the one reason why I was fanatical about it. Most MMORPGs in the world arent very good because "it's a rip off of WoW", I was looking forward to the day I could say "WoW shames MMORPGs because its not like TCoS".

When I saw that TCoS was no more, my heart stopped.

Heh, great memories. I, too, was there on the beta forums. Awesome community there. I wish I could turn back time :/...