Started by Polymo

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

14 posts in this topic
Polymo
Someone who thinks he can code

328 posts 39 threads Joined: Sep 2014
20-06-2017, 11:28 PM -
Even though i doubt it, just in case anyone tries to make something work with the sample: 
I implemented it in unity as a test, just to realize that it's plain unusable. De/Serialization (to/from ScriptableObject assets) is enormously slow (20min. to load all packages +maps, meaning on every play/stop/editor load/scene change etc..), because of the high amount of classes with their extremely high amount of fields (alot of which are likely unnecessary, but who knows) and cross-references.
I tried to find a fast serializer that worked with undecorated classes, but couldn't find a working one. And i'm giving up on this idea.

In short: Using the sdk classes to extract the packages works but turns out to be waaay too performance heavy to be even remotely usable.
After trying numerous things, i also think the existing server may end up in the same situation the more extracted data gets included, if it continues to be worked on.
Sad, but that's what i can conclude now. But it seems like this doesn't matter anyway Undecided

I wish you all well
~Polymo

Messages In This Thread
Package & map file reader - by Polymo - 23-04-2017, 05:46 PM