howdies and thanks for wikia correction
Started by EvilirSar

Rate this topic
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

3 posts in this topic
EvilirSar

2 posts 1 threads Joined: Sep 2010
02-09-2010, 04:18 AM -
Hey people, hope the post-spellborn crapo depression isn't hitting people too hard.

Wikia has a post on the shutdown. It still maybe worth editing this wikia:

http://spellborn.wikia.com/wiki/Spellborn_Wiki

Trying DDO atm Haemosar a Barbarian, fun I suppose but the combat at the low level seems a tad boring, very classic rpg. I am wanting to try AoC.

E

Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
02-09-2010, 09:32 AM -
We can host our own wiki here as well, but I think that keeping the wiki on wikia online might be a good idea. We'll need people who want to do it though.

I do think however that SpellbornDB is more important than the wiki.

Kevin

CowMooFlage
Administrator

396 posts 7 threads Joined: Aug 2010
03-09-2010, 04:52 PM -
Quote:We can host our own wiki here as well, but I think that keeping the wiki on wikia online might be a good idea. We'll need people who want to do it though.

I do think however that SpellbornDB is more important than the wiki.

Kevin

I agree with that, if and that it is IF Spellborn ever comes back up then we need db. DB's been THE hub of information out there of the game.
Kevin
Legend of House Shroud

555 posts 87 threads Joined: Oct 2011
03-09-2010, 06:00 PM -
@CowMooFlage: indeed. The wikia seemed a little empty to me. Also, I would prefer us hosting a wiki instead of Wikia. I truly hate their ads (though most can be removed by registring). It's a little too much advertising.

Ofcourse, hosting too much on this site might require us to switch to a VPS, but my host offers them quite cheaply (if I manage them myself, which I have done before).

Also, I tend to find Wikia's layout messy and their site a bit on the slow side (ads!).